Vaylar Rising — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by BartNL »

John turns to turn as Tone reveals his supernatural nature dumbfounded. He then squints and stares at Tone as if attempting to look through him."Is that right, huh? Heard a lot of stories about that stuff back in the orphanage. Silly rumours and ghost stories of course, always ending with the child never being seen again. But I can't say I'm all that surprised. I'm a nobody, and I can hardly remember how often I was ordered to bury or forget things. Wonder how many other skeletons they have hidden away in the closet. John responds.

OOC
How much time is there left before leaving?
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Namelessjake »

OOC
You have around 30 minutes, which would include any time spent gearing up from your weapons cache.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Davonia weren't saints about it when I was a kid," Antoine admits. "They didn't disappear folk like me, but there certainly wasn't much choice involved. Now, though?" He shakes his head, thinking about Gabriel. "It's bad. Those stories you heard probably don't do it justice."
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by FinalTemplar »

Tristan puts his hands in his pockets, chewing on what Tone had just said for a moment. "Wait a minute... You're a psych?" He says, sounding shocked. "I mean, I've heard they exist, sure... but I could have sworn that shit was all holodrama stuff. Fake, pretend shit." He pauses for a minute to mull it over; "I mean, I wasn't ever much for propaganda anyways, so, I won't treat you any differently, but... I've never seen one of you before." He shrugs softly, playfully poking Tone's shoulder. "You all could have left me to die back there and you didn't, whether you meant to or not. I'm not just gonna to turn heel, on any of you, no matter where you come from."
Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

"A friend of mine growing up said they had visions of the future," Jin adds. "They disappeared one night and the next day a couple of Diktat suits showed up at our camp asking about them. Never saw they again - hopefully they were able to say ahead."

"Interesting," Thoras says, his face not revealing any further emotion beyond simply acknowledging Antoine's revelation.

"I must go now, good luck. I hope to see you all again in a few days," he says after checking something on his compad. Thoras departs, leaving you to gear up. Tamiko leads you into the junk piles and over to an old armoured delivery van. Cracking open the secret cache, hidden in the scan-shielded safe in the back of the van, you grab you weapons, ammunition and armour.

Packed and ready to go, you clamber up into the back of the container, finding some rudimentary seating has been installed inside, repurposed from an assortment of old vehicles, along with a cobbled together life support system. As the last of your cell climb inside, Tamiko shuts the doors behind you, sealing you inside. A few moments later, you hear the muffled sound of the truck coming to life soon followed by a lurch forward as you start on your journey to the spaceport.
OOC
You should update your inventory with anything you wish to bring from your cache of stolen arms and armour. As previously mentioned, they are still illegal on Terai so making sure you are able to conceal them is a good idea (i.e. making sure you can stow all of your large weapons/unworn armour).

If there is anything else you wish to have done in the half an hour you have before leaving you should also mention that now.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Hopefully," Antoine offers Jin meekly, though he suspects otherwise.

He eyes Thoras, wondering what the man's true thoughts are. Might be he'll have more work for me. Or might be he sees me as too large a liability. Course, it's too early to say either way. Not like I got any other options but forward at this point, all things considered.

Antoine loads up his gear, opting to leave behind anything too suspicious. He takes a look at the inside of the container as he climbs up and takes a seat, sighing inwardly. Feels like a coffin.
OOC
Inventory has been updated. Not taking any arms or armor as I can create them.