Way Down in the Hole — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
ratwizard
A Wan Smile
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by ratwizard »

Round 6: Assailing the Sailor Slavers

The half-elf's arcane blasts catch a few glances from the pack of Powder Kegs in the alcove. One of them breaks loose, launching an arrow at Velasco which narrowly misses him. Her eyes go wide as she steps into the gateway, noticing Brandys' presence at the now-missing door to the prison. "They're busting out!" she cries out in Grystok.

The twin-blade Powder Keg that Alerio had previously tossed back into the tower now pursues him into the shack, a determined look on her face as she catches up.

The lieutenant raps his shield once more as he advances for the first time into the fray. With the combined efforts of the gangers around him, they wall the lupine Josie into the corner. He lashes out from behind his shield, the flail heads cracking painfully across the Amkharan's shoulder and back.

Go: Brandys, Josie
Mechanics
Velasco: stands, hits, action points, misses.

Pohaku: moves, hits and bloodies and prones.

Powder Keg 9: Longbow attacks Velasco, 11 vs AC = miss, moves.

Powder Keg 11: attacks Samiira, 27 vs AC = hit for 8 damage, shifts.

Powder Keg 14: moves, moves.

Powder Keg Lieutenant: moves, Vexing Teamwork on Josie, 31 vs AC = hit for 11 damage, and Josie cannot shift while 2+ Powder Kegs are adjacent to her (save ends)
Status
Map
Map Info
Heights are listed on the map in feet.

Walls & Battlements: Generally 20' tall. The battlement along the front entrance and east wall are in rough shape, and will require an Acrobatics check to cross. The walls can be climbed, but being slick with rain you will face a challenging DC.

Towers: Generally 25' tall, except for the south-western one that is 35' tall (plus an even higher watchtower on it)

Grounds & Enclosure: The fort's grounds are packed dirt, sodden with rain but otherwise traversable as normal.

Stairs: There are stairs in the northwest, leading from the enclosure to the western tower.

Buildings: Heights as listed. The three buildings have sloped rooves and will require an Acrobatics check to move over.
Enemy Info
Powder Kegs: A ragtag band of Imardanian navy deserters, Borstidian pirates, Grystoki slavers & raiders. They seem to be moderately armed, favoring jack of plate, longswords, axes, and bows. The higher-ranking members have been seen to carry firearms.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
Free Action: pop Action point
Effect: gaining one extra standard action this turn

Standard Action: Second Wind [X]
Effect: spend 1 healing surge to regain 8 hp. Gain +2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn.

Standard Action: Wolf Shape Secondary Power on Powder Keg 10
Attack: [1d20+8]=17+8=25 vs AC = hit?
Hit: [1d10+4]=1+4=5 damage

Save: [1d20]=2https://www.unseenservant.com/index.php ... 06&macid=0][1d20]=2[/url[/url]] = fail

Combat Block
Zhou Si (Josie)

Female Elf Druid 3
Languages: Amkharan, Elven, Grystok
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 153 lbs.

Speed: 8
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 22
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Low-light Vision

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Reflex: 16
Will: 16
HP: 27/35
Bloodied: 17
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 7/8
Action Points: 0

MBA (human form, staff): +5 vs AC, 1d8+1 damage, reach 1
Savage Rend (as MBA, beast form only): +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+4 damage and slide target 1 square
Grasping Claws (as MBA, beast form only): +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+4 damage and target is slowed until my EONT
Wolf Shape Secondary Power (as MBA, Wolf Shape only): +8 vs AC, 1d10+4 damage
RBA (human form, unarmed): +5 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage

Resistances: none

Vulnerabilities: none

Saves: none

Active Effects:
* +1 speed while not in heavy armor
* ignore difficult terrain when shifitng
* roll stealth to hid if I have cover/concealment on initiative roll
* +1 reach with melee staff attacks, and ranged/area implement attacks with staffs don't provoke OAs
* +1 to attack and +2 do damage when charging in beast form
* gain CA vs enemies with no other adjacent creatures
* grant CA to enemies with silvered weapons

Powers:

Wolf Shape Secondary Power*
Wild Shape
Savage Rend
Magic Stones
Grasping Claws

Second Wind [X]
Wolf Shape [X]
Elven Accuracy [_]
Thorn Spray [_]
Wolf's Vitality [_]
Predator's Flurry [X]

Savage Frenzy [X]

* this can only be used while in Wolf Shape, from the associated encounter power, not in any other beast form from Wild Shape or other sources

Consumables: none

Important Features:
Class Features
Primal Predator: +1 speed when not wearing heavy armor

Ritual Casting: gain ritual casting feat, plus Animal Messenger ritual and another free level 1 ritual

Wild Shape: a bunch of stuff regarding transforming into animals, see PHB2 for full rundown of details.

Racial Features
Elven Accuracy: gain Elven Accuracy power

Elven Weapon Proficiency: gain proficiency with longbow and shortbow

Fey Origin: considered Fey for purposes of effect determined by creature origin

Wild Step: ignore difficult terrain when shifting

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: if I have cover or concealment when rolling initiative, I can roll Stealth to hide at the same time

Theme Features
Werewolf Level 1 Feature: +2 to intimidate. Gain the Shapechanger subtype, making me subject to effects that affect shapechangers. Enemies with silvered weapons have CA against me. I am immune to the Moon Frenzy disease. Gain the Wolf Shape power.

Feat(ures)
Ritual Caster: I can master and perform rituals of my level or lower, provided I am trained in either Arcana or Religion. Each ritual also has its own associated skill I must be trained in, plus I need components. See PHB for more info.

Staff Expertise: +1 to weapon and implement attacks with staffs. Do not provoke OAs when using ranged or area implement attacks with staffs. +1 reach when performing melee attacks with staffs.

Enraged Boar Form: +1 to attack and +2 to damage when charging in beast form.

Cunning Stalker: enemies that have no creatures adjacent to them, other than me, grant me CA
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey
Registered for: 3 years 7 months

Post by greysigil »

Brandys' eyes flick across the field in front of him, catching on the unknown figure engaged with the slaver, then harden as they snap to the Imardanian in front of him. One, gate, two-three, stairs, four, here. Flail and shield. Surprise lost.

His body acts, the pain of the splintered wood and the blow from the flail sending his blood surging through his veins. He steps forward, into the slaver in front of him, throwing a jab with one fist as his other hand reaches out to grab and bind the man's weapon.
Mechanics
Move: Shift to N22
Standard: Grappling strike vs PK13. 25 vs AC, 8 damage, and target is Grabbed until the end of my next turn.
Attack: [1d20+7]=18+7=25 vs AC (I hope that hits)
Damage: [1d4+4]=4+4=8
Addtl. Effect: Target is Grabbed and Marked until the end of my next turn.
Mark - Combat Challenge: Target takes a -2 Penalty to attacks that don't include me, and I may make a MBA vs the target if they attack a target other than me. Mark ends at the end of my next turn, or if they receive another mark.
Combat Block
Brandys

Male Human Fighter 3
Languages: Grystok, Kurnish, Modern Serran
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 220 lbs.

Speed: 6 Sq
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 17
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 13
Fort: 20
Reflex: 14
Will: 14
HP: 40/41
Bloodied: 20
Surge Value: 10
Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: [X]

MBA: Bastard Sword +9 vs AC, 1d10+4
MBA: Unarmed +7 vs AC, 1d4+4
RBA:

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Item At-Will

Bull Rush Attack (Standard)
Grab Attack (Standard)
Opportunity Attack (Opportunity)
Grappling Strike (Can be used as OA)
Combat Challenge (Immediate Interrupt)
Combat Agility (Opportunity)
Footwork Lure (Standard)
Cleave (Standard)

Encounter [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Guardian's Counter [_] (Immediate Interrupt)
Steel Serpent Strike [_] (Standard)
Slamming Rush [_] (Standard)
Second Wind [_] (Standard)
Forceful Drag [_] (Move)

Daily [_]
Item Daily [_]

Seize and Stab [_] (Standard)

Consumables:

None.

Feature:

Important Features:
Class Feature: Combat Challenge Mark foes you attack. They get -2 to attacks not including you. Make basic melee attack against adjacent marked foe who shifts or makes attack not including you. Makr lasts until end of your next turn or marked by other.
Feat: Inescapable Hold Your grabbed creatures must escape against Fortitude with Athletics.
Feat: World Serpent's Grasp Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit.
Feat: Heavy Blade Expertise +1/+2/+3 to weapon attacks with heavy blades; +2 to all defenses vs OAs when wielding a heavy blade.
Feat: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword) Grants proficiency with Bastard Swords

Item Features, None Yet
Item Feature: Explanation of feature. These should be any effects listed as 'Property' on a magic item, as well as any specific traits of the item itself (such as Brutal and other effects on certain weapons, special effects from superior implements, etc.). Again, if it is relevant it needs to be listed.
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f
VI-42016 "Jug" JUGGERNAUT - #c1545d
Katherine "Kate" Meecham - #ff6814

Paused
Ezra Wynter // MEDUSA - #91c886
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As Brandys latches onto the slaver, the man tries desperately to free himself but the tavernkeeper's grip is like a manacle.

Down in the alcove, the Powder Kegs continue to lay into Josie and Hadrurus, though the Unfettered agents are able to shrug off the pain.

Along the southern battlement, the archer stands and releases an arrow towards Pohaku who narrowly steps aside it.

Go: Samiira
Mechanics
Josie: action points, second winds, hits, fails save.

Brandys: shifts, hits, grabs, marks.

Powder Keg 13: attempts escape, Athletics 7 vs Fort = fail. Attempts escape again, Athletics 17 vs Fort = fail.

Powder Keg 18: stands, Longbow attacks Pohaku, 13 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg 7: moves, moves.

Powder Keg 6Deep Cut on Josie, 28 vs AC = hit for 6->1 damage, and 3 ongoing (save ends)

Powder Keg 10: attacks Hadrurus, 25 vs AC = hit for 13 damage, bloodying him. Serene Blade procs, granting Hadrurus 3 THP.
Status
Map
Map Info

Walls & Battlements: Generally 20' tall. The battlement along the front entrance and east wall are in rough shape, and will require an Acrobatics check to cross. The walls can be climbed, but being slick with rain you will face a challenging DC.

Towers: Generally 25' tall, except for the south-western one that is 35' tall (plus an even higher watchtower on it)

Grounds & Enclosure: The fort's grounds are packed dirt, sodden with rain but otherwise traversable as normal.

Stairs: There are stairs in the northwest, leading from the enclosure to the western tower.

Buildings: Heights as listed. The three buildings have sloped rooves and will require an Acrobatics check to move over.
Enemy Info
Powder Kegs: A ragtag band of Imardanian navy deserters, Borstidian pirates, Grystoki slavers & raiders. They seem to be moderately armed, favoring jack of plate, longswords, axes, and bows. The higher-ranking members have been seen to carry firearms.
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

With one powder keg left with her, and little she can do to help any of the others, Samiira keeps fighting.
Mechanics
Standard: MBA on PK11, 20 vs AC = hit for 12 damage (+1 to roll due to CA) plus an additional 3 damage from Attack Fineness.

PK11 is killed if this brings them to 10 hp or lower.

[1d20+13]=7+13=20[1d8+5]=6+5=11[2d8]=15
[1d8]=3
Combat Block
Samiira Ka’Grappan

Female Changeling Executioner 3
Languages: Grystok , Kurnish
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 140 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 13

AC: 18 (19 when dual wielding)
Fort: 15
Reflex: 16 (17 when dual wielding)
HP: 22+6/32
Bloodied: 16
Surges left: 7/7

MBA (Rapier):+10 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage
MBA (Dagger):+10 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
MBA (Garrote):+9 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage
RBA (Dagger): +10 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage

Resistances: None.

Vulnerabilities: None.

Saves: None.

Active Effects: None.

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Second Wind [_]
Sohei Flurry [X]
Changeling Trick [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Cloak of Shades [_]

Consumables:

-MUST BE PREPARED ON LONG REST-
Bloodroot Poison (heroic tier) [_]
-OR-
Carrion Crawler Brain Juice (heroic tier) [_]

Important Features:
Shapechanger: I have the shapechanger quality.

Attack Finesse (Executioner): Once per turn I can deal 1d8 extra damage with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun or shortbow.

Quick Swap: Once per turn I can draw or stow a weapon as a free action and then draw another weapon.

Death Attack: When I hit an enemy with a melee or a ranged attack that deals damage, I can choose to reduce the enemy to 0 hit points automatically if it has 10 hit points or fewer after the damage is dealt.

Poison Use: I know the recipes for two 1st-level assassin poisons. During an extended rest I can prepare 1 vial. I must know the recipe and have a poisoner’s kit. The vial contains a single use of the poison, which expires if it isn’t used before the start of my next extended rest. An item can benefit from the effects of only one assassin poison at a time. Only I can use my assassin poisons, and I am immune to the effects of the ones I create.

Two-Weapon Defense: +1 AC and Reflex while wielding a weapon in each hand.

Nimble Blade: +1 to attacks with light blades when I have CA.

Cunning Stalker: Gain CA against enemies with no other adjacent creatures.

Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage rolls with light blade weapon attacks with CA.

Unarmored Agility: +2 feat bonus to AC when wearing cloth armor or no armor.
Known Assassin Poison Recipes
Bloodroot Poison (heroic tier)
Power (Poison) ✦ Consumable (Minor Action)
You apply the poison to your melee weapon or one piece of your ammunition. During this encounter, the next creature you hit with a weapon attack using the poisoned item takes 6 extra poison damage, and it is dazed (save ends).
You pour the poison into a drink or onto a plate of food. The first creature to consume the food or drink within the next hour is dazed until the end of its next extended rest.

Carrion Crawler Brain Juice (heroic tier)
You apply the poison to your melee weapon or five pieces of your ammunition. Until the end of the encounter, whenever you hit a creature with a weapon attack using the poisoned item, the target takes 4 extra poison damage, and it is slowed until the end of your next turn.
You apply the poison to a single handheld object. Within the next hour, the first creature other than you to hold or wear the object for more than 1 minute is immobilized until the end of its next extended rest.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Another arrow slams into Velasco, the shaft jutting out from his arm as he falls once more to the roof.

One Powder Keg manages to get past Hadrurus' guard, surrounding him, before delivering a crushing blow with a mace.

Another man breaks from the alcove fray toward the shack that Alerio had dashed into. He throws the door open, coming face to face with the Talon and the woman behind. Dropping his bow, he throws himself at Alerio, wrestling him to a halt for now.

Go: Hadrurus, Alerio
Mechanics
Samiira: hits.

Powder Keg 16: shifts, attacks Hadrurus, 28 vs AC = hit for 11 damage.

Powder Keg 8: Longbow attacks Velasco, 20 vs AC = hit for 7 damage, downing him.

Powder Keg 12: attacks Josie, 21 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg 17: moves, opens door, drop bow, Grab on Alerio, 16 vs Ref = hit.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Minor: Longtooth shifting, gain regeneration 2 while bloodied until the end of the encounter., and deal +2 dmg until the end of the encounter.
Standard: Second wind: +2 defences until end next turn, spend a surge and heal 8 hp.
Move: Shift to AA27

Reaction
No action: Serene blade, once per round gain 3 temp hp after being damaged

Combat Block
Hadrurus

Longtooth Shifter (human) (Runepriest/Warlord Hybrid) 3
Languages: Grystok, Common
Height: 6'4"

Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Low-Light Vision

AC: 19
Fort: 16
HP: 15/34

MBA: +10 vs AC, 1d8+5
RBA: +9 vs AC, 1d6+5

Resistances: None

Vulnerabilities: None

Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Viper's Strike
Word of Exchange

Battlefront Shift [_]
Rune of Mending [X]
Inspiring Word [X]
Vengeance is Mine [X]
Word of the blinding shield[_]

Lamb to the Slaughter [_]
Shield of Sacrifice [_]

Consumables:
None.
Equipment
ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Hide Armor, Heavy Shield, Longsword, Javelin x5, Desert Clothing, Bell and whistle, Crowbar, Filter mask, Footpads, Gambler's gear, Grappling Hook, Shovel, Climber's Kit, Tent, Dagger Boots, Sack x2, Oil 10 pints, (carried in sack) Pitons x20

Important Features
Rune Artistry - Serene Blade: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC. Once per round immediately after an enemy deals damage to you with an attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. The number of temporary hit points increases to 5 + your Wisdom modifier at 11th level and 10 + your Wisdom modifier at 21st level.
Rune Master - Rune of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.
Rune Master - Rune of Protection: While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage. The resistance increases to 4 at 11th level and 6 at 21st level.
Master At arms: can sheathe and draw a weapon with the same minor action

Last edited by BartNL on Tue Aug 13, 2024 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the brutish bandit keeping him in place, Alerio grits his teeth and stirs up another thunderous tempest. He strikes the opposing Powder Keg, knocking them to the ground and barely hanging on. Gods take you all!
Mechanics
Minor: Sustain Moment of Glory
Josie and I continue resisting 5 all

Standard: Storm Hammer on PK14
Attack: [1d20+10]=19+10=29 vs Fort = Hit
Damage: [1d10+6]=5+6=11
PK14 is knocked prone

Move: Escape grab
Acro: [1d20]=9
Ha no
Combat Block
Alerio Zavala

Male Deva Warpriest 3
Languages: Modern Serran, Old Serran, Grystok
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175 lbs.

Speed: 5
Initiative: +1
Passive Insight: 21

AC: 17
Reflex: 11
Will: 17
HP: 38/38
Bloodied: 19
Surge Value: 9
Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1

MBA: +4 vs AC, 1d10 damage
MBA (Charging): +10 vs Fort, 1d10 +6 damage
RBA: +1 vs AC, 1d4 damage

Resistances:
Necrotic 6
Radiant 6
Lightning 5
Thunder 5

Powers:

Blessing of Wrath
Storm Hammer

Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Thundering Steel [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Healing Word [X][_]
Storm Surge [X]*
Create Water [_]
Hammering Wind [_]

Moment of Glory [X]
Shield of Faith [X]

*Can only use one Channel Divinity power per encounter

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
Storm Domain: You gain resist 5 lightning and resist 5 thunder. In addition, when you use your healing word, the target gains a +2 power bonus to the next damage roll they make before the end of their next turn. This bonus increases to +4 at 11th level and +6 at 21st level.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.

Immortal Origin: You are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Elemental Initiate: You gain a +2 proficiency bonus with unarmed attacks, and your unarmed attack can deal 1d6 damage instead of 1d4. You also gain proficiency with ki focuses.

Mark of Storm: Whenever you hit an enemy with a thunder or lightning power, you can slide that enemy 1 square.

Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

Weapon proficiency (Triple-headed flail): You gain proficiency with Triple-headed flail.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Round 7: Assailing the Sailor Slavers

The Talon's swing sends his assailant to the tile floor of the shack, and her malicious frown is replaced with one of pain and worry as she is almost overcome with her wounds.

In the enclosure (hardly enclosed any longer): a bloodier scene. Garvelli and several other prisoners surge from the doorway, bearing down on the two Powder Kegs with slivers of wood or their bare fists, while others lurch past to get clear. In the ensuing melee, three of the prisoners are sent to the mud, their clothes blooming red with blade wounds. And yet, one prisoner breaks free from the tangle, rushing toward the stairs. He spots Samiira warily as he begins his ascent.

Go: Pohaku, Velasco
Mechanics
Hadrurus: buffs, second winds, shifts.

Alerio: sustains, hits and prones, fails to escape.

Powder Keg 15: shifts.

Garvelli: shifts, attacks PK13, nat 1.

Prisoners: Prisoners 1, 6, 12, 14 move and miss. Prisoners 5, 9, 16 run and are killed by PK7. Prisoner 7 breaks free and double-moves. The rest stay.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by FinalTemplar »

Velasco falls unconscious once more, feeling faint.
Mechanics
Death Save: [1d20]=5.
Combat Block
Velasco "V" Vasquez

Male Vryloka Hexblade 3
Languages: Grystok, (Modern) Serran
Height: 6'2"

Speed: 7
Initiative: +8
Passive Perception: 15

AC: 14
Fort: 13
HP: -1/34
Bloodied: 14
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 6/7

Flesh Rend (MBA): +9 vs AC. 1d10+8 Necrotic damage.
Eldritch Bolt (RBA): +7 vs Reflex. 1d10+8 Force Damage.

Resistances:
Resist 6 Necrotic

Vulnerabilities:

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

At-Will
Eldritch Bolt
Flesh Rend
Convocation of Shadows
Item At-Will

Encounter [_]
Spirit Flay [_][_]
Sign of the Golden Ram [_]
Sign of the Golden Ram (2nd) [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]
Malicious Shadow [x]
Malicious Shadow (Secondary) [x]
Unnatural Vitality [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Power Details
Convocation of Shadows - Free Action - Trigger: I reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, or an enemy adjacent to me drops to 0 hit points. Effect: I am insubstantial and phasing until the end of my next turn.
Eldritch Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - Target: One Creature. Attack: Charisma vs Reflex. Hit: 1d10+ Charisma Modifier force damage. Special: I can use this power as a ranged basic attack.
^To hit: +7 vs Reflex. Damage: 1d10+8 Force damage.
Flesh Rend - Standard Action - Target: One creature - Attack: Charisma vs AC - Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier necrotic damage, and can slide the target 1 square. The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the SONT. Special: I can use this power as a melee basic attack.
^To Hit: +9 vs AC. Damage: 1d10+8 Necrotic damage.
Spirit Flay [_] - Standard Action - Target: One or two creatures - Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex - Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier necrotic and psychic damage, and the target is dazed until the EONT. Effect: Gain partial concealment until EONT.
^To Hit: +8 vs Reflex. Damage: 1d10+8 Necrotic and Psychic damage.
Lifeblood [_] - Free Action - Trigger: I kill or bloody an enemy. Effect: Gain one of the following benefits - *Shift up to my speed. *Gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + one-half my level. *Gain +2 power bonus to attack rolls until EONT.
Sign of the Golden Ram [_] - Standard Action - Close Burst 2 - Effect: Burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of my next turn. Until the effect ends, I can use it's second power at-will.
Sign of the Golden Ram (2nd) [_] - Opportunity Action - Close Burst 2 - Target: Triggering Enemy - Attack: Highest Ability Modifier vs Will - Trigger: An enemy enters or starts it's turn in my area - hit: Highest Ability Modifier damage and shove target 3 squares from origin square.
Malicious Shadow [X] - Standard Action - Ranged 5 - Target: One creature - Attack: Charisma vs Reflex - Hit: 3d8 + Charisma modifier cold and necrotic damage - Miss: Half damage - Effect: Conjure a shadow figure in a square adjacent to the target. The shadow lasts until EONT. While adjacent to the shadow, enemies grant CA to me. While it persists, can use the secondary power through the shadow at will.
^To hit: +6 vs Reflex. Damage: 3d8+5 cold and necrotic.
Malicious Shadow (Secondary) [x] - Immediate Interrupt - Melee 1 - Target: Triggering enemy - Attack: Charisma vs Reflex - Trigger: An enemy willingly leaves a square adjacent to the shadow on its turn. Hit: 10 cold and necrotic damage, and the target is immobilized until the EOT.
^To hit: +7 vs Reflex. Damage: 10 cold and necrotic.
Unnatural Vitality [_] - Free Action - Trigger: Kill a non-minion enemy with a melee attack - Effect: Gain +2 power bonus to Death saving throws, and to saving throws against ongoing damage. In addition, I don't need to eat, drink, or breathe, making me immune to starvation and suffocation. These effects last until the end of my next extended rest.

Race Features
Blood Dependency: When bloodied, my healing surge value drops by 2.
Human Heritage: +5 to bluff checks to pass as a human.
Living Dead: I count as both living and undead, and can choose which type will apply on spells and effects that treat living creatures and undead creatures differently.
Necrotic Resistance: Gain necrotic resistance equal to 5 +1/2 level.
Vampiric Heritage: I can replace 2nd level+ utility powers with Vryloka utility powers.
Lifeblood: Gain the lifeblood power.

Class/Path/Destiny/Theme Features
Level 1 Occultist Feature: You gain proficiency with tomes.  You can master and perform rituals in the binding category as though you had the Ritual Caster feat.   In addition, you gain the sign of the golden ram power.
Gloom Pact Reward: Gain tiered damage bonus. This bonus is equal to my dex mod. At 5th level add 2, at 15th add 4, and 6 at 25th.
Gloom Pact Weapon: Gain the Scourge of Exquisite Agony warlock item, as well as the Flesh Rend and Spirit Flay attack powers.

Feats
:White Lotus Dueling Expertise: Bonus - I gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level, and +3 at 21st level. I also gain proficiency with Orbs.
Arcane Familiar (Shadow Raven): Level One - I gain a familiar. For each familiar feat I have beyond this one, my familiar gains a +1 bonus to its defenses.
Improved Initiative -: Level Two - +4 to Initiative.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution
Registered for: 2 years 7 months

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pohaku will grit his teeth as he keeps hacking away at the powder keg and miss barely yelling
"Dammit! what is wrong with me"
Mechanics
Minor Action- Enter Berserker Fury melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage.
Standard action-[1d20+7]=9+7=16 Jarring Smash
Spending a action point for another standard action
2nd standard action-[1d20+7]=4+7=11 Jarring Smash Attack
Combat Block

Pōhaku Kāhea ʻo Gore (Boulder Hellscream)
Male Minotaur, Berserker (3)
Languages: Grystok, Okani
Weight: 255 lbs.

Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 18

AC: 16
Reflex: 15
Will: 13
HP: 43/43
Bloodied: 21
Surges left:12/12

MBA: +7 vs AC, 1d10+3

Feats: Brutal Reach, Improved Initiative, Two-Handed Weapon Expertise

At-Will Powers:
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Vengeful Guardian
Savage Reach
Jarring Smash
Goring Charge [_]
Batter Down [_]
Savage Cut [_]
Utility Powers
Second Wind [_]
Defender Aura
Ignore Pain [_]

Consumables:

None.

Class Features

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter berserker fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects,

Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.

Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.

Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Arid Desert: Gain +3 AC and +2 Reflex when Wearing cloth/no armor and no shield: Gain resist 5 Fire at 4th level, Resist Fire 10 at 14th, Resist fire 15 at 24th

Poised Defender: Gain +2 bonus to AC while Defender aura is active and not wearing heavy armor

Racial Features

Ferocity: When minotaur's drop to 0 hit points or fewer, they can make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt action.

Heedless Charge: Minotaur's gain a moderate racial bonus to AC against opportunity attacks provoked during a charge.

Goring Charge (use Str): Minotaur's gain one additional healing surge.
Theme Features

Takedown Strike: Gain the Takedown Strike Encounter Power

Feat's

Brutal Reach: When making a Melee attack, Reroll weapon dice that show 1 when you're raging and wielding a two-handed reach weapon

Improved Initiative +4 to Initiative

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise +1/2/3 to attack rolls with two-handed melee weapons, +1/2/3 to damage rolls of charge attacks with two-handed melee
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Kairon Lergaros, The Shaded Jester
Eldrin Stormblade, Tempest-born Avenger
Kaze Mori the Gunpowder Titan 
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The archer by the gates to the enclosure yells out as she witnesses the surge of prisoners erupt from the gaol. She drops her bow, reaching for a handaxe as she moves to cut off the stairs as a form of escape.

Samiira crosses blades with her target once more, though can't parry the heavy chop of his scimitar. It pierces the scavenged jacket she'd thrown over herself, leaving a nasty wound.

In the shack, Alerio is able to shrug off the feeble efforts of the woman near death. Outside, despite fully surrounding Josie, the lieutenant finds the Amkharan is yet able to evade the swing of his flail.

Mechanics
Velasco: fails death saving throw (1/3).

Pohaku: changes form, misses, action points, misses.

Powder Keg 9: drops bow, takes out handaxe, moves.

Powder Keg 11: attacks Samiira, 21 vs AC = hit for 11 damage.

Powder Keg 14: stands, attacks Alerio, 12 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg Lieutenant: Vexing Teamwork on Josie, 21 vs AC = miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
Standard Action: Wolf Shape Secondary Power on Powder Keg 10
Attack: [1d20+10]=15+10=25 vs AC = hit
Hit: [1d10+4]=2+4=6 damage

Save vs no shift: [1d20]=2 = fail

Save vs ongoing damage: [1d20]=9 = fail

Combat Block
Zhou Si (Josie)

Female Elf Druid 3

HP: 27/35

Savage Rend (as MBA, beast form only): +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+4 damage and slide target 1 square
Grasping Claws (as MBA, beast form only): +6 vs Reflex, 1d8+4 damage and target is slowed until my EONT

Active Effects:
* +1 reach with melee staff attacks, and ranged/area implement attacks with staffs don't provoke OAs

Powers:

Wild Shape
Savage Rend
Magic Stones
Grasping Claws

Second Wind [X]
Wolf Shape [X]
Elven Accuracy [_]
Thorn Spray [_]
Wolf's Vitality [_]
Predator's Flurry [X]

Savage Frenzy [X]

* this can only be used while in Wolf Shape, from the associated encounter power, not in any other beast form from Wild Shape or other sources

Important Features:
Class Features

Ritual Casting: gain ritual casting feat, plus Animal Messenger ritual and another free level 1 ritual

Wild Shape: a bunch of stuff regarding transforming into animals, see PHB2 for full rundown of details.

Racial Features

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: if I have cover or concealment when rolling initiative, I can roll Stealth to hide at the same time

Theme Features
Werewolf Level 1 Feature: +2 to intimidate. Gain the Shapechanger subtype, making me subject to effects that affect shapechangers. Enemies with silvered weapons have CA against me. I am immune to the Moon Frenzy disease. Gain the Wolf Shape power.

Feat(ures)
Ritual Caster: I can master and perform rituals of my level or lower, provided I am trained in either Arcana or Religion. Each ritual also has its own associated skill I must be trained in, plus I need components. See PHB for more info.

Staff Expertise: +1 to weapon and implement attacks with staffs. Do not provoke OAs when using ranged or area implement attacks with staffs. +1 reach when performing melee attacks with staffs.

Cunning Stalker: enemies that have no creatures adjacent to them, other than me, grant me CA
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey

Post by greysigil »

A grimace passes over Brandys' face, as he catches a glimpse of the other slaver cutting down a trio of prisoners. Steel yourself, Bran.
The momentary lapse unbalances him, and his follow up attack is sloppy as a result. Taking a heartbeat to re-center, he glowers at the other man, watching his every move for an opening to strike again.
Mechanics
Move: Shift to O22
Standard: Grappling strike vs PK13 again.
Attack: [1d20+7]=7+7=14 vs AC (Please?)
Damage: [1d4+4]=2+4=6 (Missed)
Addtl. Effect: Target is Marked until the end of my next turn.
Mark - Combat Challenge: Target takes a -2 Penalty to attacks that don't include me, and I may make an MBA vs the target if they attack a target other than me. Mark ends at the end of my next turn, or if they receive another mark.
Combat Block
Brandys

Male Human Fighter 3

RBA:

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Item At-Will

Grab Attack (Standard)
Footwork Lure (Standard)
Cleave (Standard)

Encounter [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Forceful Drag [_] (Move)

Daily [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Feature:

Important Features:
Class Feature: Combat Challenge Mark foes you attack. They get -2 to attacks not including you. Make basic melee attack against adjacent marked foe who shifts or makes attack not including you. Makr lasts until end of your next turn or marked by other.
Feat: Inescapable Hold Your grabbed creatures must escape against Fortitude with Athletics.
Feat: Heavy Blade Expertise +1/+2/+3 to weapon attacks with heavy blades; +2 to all defenses vs OAs when wielding a heavy blade.

Item Features, None Yet
Item Feature: Explanation of feature. These should be any effects listed as 'Property' on a magic item, as well as any specific traits of the item itself (such as Brutal and other effects on certain weapons, special effects from superior implements, etc.). Again, if it is relevant it needs to be listed.
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f

Paused
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

In the enclosure, the two Powder Kegs continue to assault the prisoners, lashing at them left and right with blade and flail.

In the alcove, Josie catches a brutal slice into her hind leg, but Alerio's blessings stave off most of the bite.

Atop the roof, the archer retreats to the tower, loosing another arrow at the Okani. It takes him in the shoulder, its pain hardly registering amidst the other arrow wounds sprouting from him.

Mechanics
Josie: takes ongoing damage (reduced to 0), hits and bloodies, fails save x2.

Brandys: shifts, misses, marks.

Powder Keg 13: shifts, provokes Combat Challenge from Brandys, 16 vs AC = miss. Attacks Brandys, 17 vs AC = hit for 15 damage, marking Brandys.

Powder Keg 18: moves, Longbow attacks Pohaku, 21 vs AC = hit for 9 damage. Pohaku triggers Ignore Pain for 9 THP back.

Powder Keg 7: attacks Prisoner 14, hits and downs.

Powder Keg 6: attacks Josie, critical hit for 11->6 damage.

Powder Keg 10: attacks Josie, 17 vs AC = miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

After taking a heavy hit from the powder keg, Samiira takes a moment to pop the cork off a vial of poison, slickening her dagger with the substance. Seeing an opening, she drives the dagger into the man. Pulling it free, the poison already begins to take a hold of the man. He drops to the ground convulsing, a foam forming around his mouth.

Needing a moment to catch her breath, Samiira throws a small pouch to the floor which explodes creating a large cloud of smoke which she appears to disappear within.

Mechanics
Minor: Apply Bloodroot Poison (heroic tier) to dagger.

Standard: Poisoned Dagger on PK11, 30 vs AC = hit for 13 damage, plus 6 extra poison damage, and is dazed (save ends).

PK11 is killed if this brings them to 10 hp or lower.

[1d20+13]=17+13=30[1d4+6]=3+6=9[1d8]=4

Assuming they are dead,

Move->Minor: Cloak of Shades, until my EONT I have concealment against all creatures and am invisible to creatures more than 5 squares away from me.
Combat Block
Samiira Ka’Grappan

HP: 9/32

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Second Wind [_]
Sohei Flurry [X]
Changeling Trick [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Cloak of Shades [X]

Consumables:

Bloodroot Poison (heroic tier) [X]
-OR-

Important Features:

Attack Finesse (Executioner): Once per turn I can deal 1d8 extra damage with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun or shortbow.

Quick Swap: Once per turn I can draw or stow a weapon as a free action and then draw another weapon.

Death Attack: When I hit an enemy with a melee or a ranged attack that deals damage, I can choose to reduce the enemy to 0 hit points automatically if it has 10 hit points or fewer after the damage is dealt.

Poison Use: I know the recipes for two 1st-level assassin poisons. During an extended rest I can prepare 1 vial. I must know the recipe and have a poisoner’s kit. The vial contains a single use of the poison, which expires if it isn’t used before the start of my next extended rest. An item can benefit from the effects of only one assassin poison at a time. Only I can use my assassin poisons, and I am immune to the effects of the ones I create.

Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage rolls with light blade weapon attacks with CA.

You apply the poison to your melee weapon or one piece of your ammunition. During this encounter, the next creature you hit with a weapon attack using the poisoned item takes 6 extra poison damage, and it is dazed (save ends).
You pour the poison into a drink or onto a plate of food. The first creature to consume the food or drink within the next hour is dazed until the end of its next extended rest.

You apply the poison to your melee weapon or five pieces of your ammunition. Until the end of the encounter, whenever you hit a creature with a weapon attack using the poisoned item, the target takes 4 extra poison damage, and it is slowed until the end of your next turn.
You apply the poison to a single handheld object. Within the next hour, the first creature other than you to hold or wear the object for more than 1 minute is immobilized until the end of its next extended rest.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brandys sees one figure atop the tower plunge their dagger into their enemy, who slumps to the ground, before the figure disappears in a cloud of smoke.

In the alcove, one of the Powder Keg maneuvers behind Hadrurus, slamming his mace down on the former gladiator's bronze helm. The pain radiates through his entire skull but he is able to fight through it.

The archer wrestling Alerio lets out a shout and chops wildly at the Talon, though the mad assault ends with nothing but a single nick.

Mechanics
Samiira: poisons, hits, dazes, executes, goes invisible.

Powder Keg 16: shifts, crits Hadrurus for 13 damage, proccing Serene Blade.

Powder Keg 8: moves into enclosure, readies attack.

Powder Keg 12: attacks Josie, 17 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg 17: draws handaxe, attacks Alerio, 26 vs AC = hit, pops Furious Assault for 6->1 damage. lol.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Seeing the floor-ridden Powder Keg barely hanging on, Alerio lashes out to put an end to her once and for all. He once more tries to wriggle free of the archer's grasp, but his attempts prove futile. Damn it all, this man has a grip.
Mechanics

Standard: Storm Hammer on PK14
Attack: [1d20+10]=4+10=14+2(CA)=16 vs Fort = Hit?
Damage: [1d10+6]=2+6=8

Move: Escape grab
Acro: [1d20]=8
Ha no again
Combat Block
Alerio Zavala

Male Deva Warpriest 3

Resistances:
Necrotic 6
Radiant 6
Lightning 5
Thunder 5

Powers:

Blessing of Wrath
Storm Hammer

Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Thundering Steel [_]
Healing Word [X][_]
Storm Surge [X]*
Create Water [_]
Hammering Wind [_]

Moment of Glory [X]
Shield of Faith [X]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:
Storm Domain: You gain resist 5 lightning and resist 5 thunder. In addition, when you use your healing word, the target gains a +2 power bonus to the next damage roll they make before the end of their next turn. This bonus increases to +4 at 11th level and +6 at 21st level.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.

Immortal Origin: You are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Elemental Initiate: You gain a +2 proficiency bonus with unarmed attacks, and your unarmed attack can deal 1d6 damage instead of 1d4. You also gain proficiency with ki focuses.

Mark of Storm: Whenever you hit an enemy with a thunder or lightning power, you can slide that enemy 1 square.

Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

Weapon proficiency (Triple-headed flail): You gain proficiency with Triple-headed flail.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Effect: Regeneration 2, hp 4+3
Minor: Shield of Sacrifice, Hadrurus loses a healing surge. Hadrurus and Josie can heal as if spending a surge. They also gain power bonus +5AC eont
Standard: Viper strike vs PK15 [1d20+10]=13+10=23 for [1d8+5]=8+5=13 Targeted provokes opportunity attacks on shift from an ally of my choice until start of my next turn.
Move: Shift to Z28

Reaction
Use Word of the Blinding shield if Alerio is attacked

Combat Block
Hadrurus

HP: 12+3/34
Surges left: 6/8

Powers:

Viper's Strike
Word of Exchange

Battlefront Shift [_]
Rune of Mending [X]
Inspiring Word [X]
Vengeance is Mine [X]

Shield of Sacrifice [X]

Consumables:
None.
Equipment
ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Hide Armor, Heavy Shield, Longsword, Javelin x5, Desert Clothing, Bell and whistle, Crowbar, Filter mask, Footpads, Gambler's gear, Grappling Hook, Shovel, Climber's Kit, Tent, Dagger Boots, Sack x2, Oil 10 pints, (carried in sack) Pitons x20

Important Features
Rune Artistry - Serene Blade: While you are not wearing heavy armor, you can use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Dexterity or Intelligence modifier to determine your AC. Once per round immediately after an enemy deals damage to you with an attack, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. The number of temporary hit points increases to 5 + your Wisdom modifier at 11th level and 10 + your Wisdom modifier at 21st level.
Rune Master - Rune of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.
Rune Master - Rune of Protection: While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage. The resistance increases to 4 at 11th level and 6 at 21st level.

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Round 8: Assailing the Sailor Slavers

Alerio's flail catches the weakened Powder Keg in the chest, her fury finally dispatched. Outside, the gladiator Hadrurus continues to hold the line. His emboldened swing finds the neck a flagging assailant, bringing their numbers closer to even.

In the enclosure, the disjointed mob of prisoners continue to rout. Several more surge out into the rainy night — two hacked down by sword while a third finds a readied arrow as they try to make for the main grounds.

However, the Powder Kegs can hardly contain the mob of over two dozen, as several more slip past their reach. From inside the gaol comes a hail of rocks and wood scraps and the odd punch. The ganger facing off against Brandys grunts as a projectile catches him in the back of the head. "Give us a fucking hand in here!" he calls out in Grystok toward the main grounds.

Go: Velasco, Pohaku
Mechanics
Alerio: sustains, hits and kills, fails to escape.

Hadrurus: regenerates, heals and buffs x2, hits and kills.

Prisoners: Garvelli misses, Powder Keg 8 hits and downs a fleeing prisoner, 2 more are cut down. The rest move up. Powder Keg 13 is hit by two rocks (one crit!) for a total of 8 damage.

Excluding Brandys, 22 of 28 yet remain.
Status
Map
Map Info

Buildings: Heights as listed. The three buildings have sloped rooves and will require a DC 10 Acrobatics check to cross their peak, or an DC 10 Athletics check to climb over at half speed.
Enemy Info

FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Mechanics
Death Saving Throw: [1d20]=3. 3 = Fail.
Combat Block
Velasco "V" Vasquez

Male Vryloka Hexblade 3

Resistances:
Resist 6 Necrotic

Vulnerabilities:

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

At-Will
Eldritch Bolt
Flesh Rend
Convocation of Shadows
Item At-Will

Encounter [_]
Spirit Flay [_][_]
Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]
Malicious Shadow [x]
Unnatural Vitality [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Power Details
Convocation of Shadows - Free Action - Trigger: I reduce an enemy to 0 hit points, or an enemy adjacent to me drops to 0 hit points. Effect: I am insubstantial and phasing until the end of my next turn.
Eldritch Bolt - Standard Action - Ranged 10 - Target: One Creature. Attack: Charisma vs Reflex. Hit: 1d10+ Charisma Modifier force damage. Special: I can use this power as a ranged basic attack.
Flesh Rend - Standard Action - Target: One creature - Attack: Charisma vs AC - Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier necrotic damage, and can slide the target 1 square. The target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the SONT. Special: I can use this power as a melee basic attack.
Spirit Flay [_] - Standard Action - Target: One or two creatures - Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex - Hit: 1[W] + Charisma modifier necrotic and psychic damage, and the target is dazed until the EONT. Effect: Gain partial concealment until EONT.
Lifeblood [_] - Free Action - Trigger: I kill or bloody an enemy. Effect: Gain one of the following benefits - *Shift up to my speed. *Gain temporary hit points equal to 5 + one-half my level. *Gain +2 power bonus to attack rolls until EONT.
Sign of the Golden Ram [_] - Standard Action - Close Burst 2 - Effect: Burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of my next turn. Until the effect ends, I can use it's second power at-will.
Sign of the Golden Ram (2nd) [_] - Opportunity Action - Close Burst 2 - Target: Triggering Enemy - Attack: Highest Ability Modifier vs Will - Trigger: An enemy enters or starts it's turn in my area - hit: Highest Ability Modifier damage and shove target 3 squares from origin square.
Malicious Shadow [X] - Standard Action - Ranged 5 - Target: One creature - Attack: Charisma vs Reflex - Hit: 3d8 + Charisma modifier cold and necrotic damage - Miss: Half damage - Effect: Conjure a shadow figure in a square adjacent to the target. The shadow lasts until EONT. While adjacent to the shadow, enemies grant CA to me. While it persists, can use the secondary power through the shadow at will.
Malicious Shadow (Secondary) [x] - Immediate Interrupt - Melee 1 - Target: Triggering enemy - Attack: Charisma vs Reflex - Trigger: An enemy willingly leaves a square adjacent to the shadow on its turn. Hit: 10 cold and necrotic damage, and the target is immobilized until the EOT.
Unnatural Vitality [_] - Free Action - Trigger: Kill a non-minion enemy with a melee attack - Effect: Gain +2 power bonus to Death saving throws, and to saving throws against ongoing damage. In addition, I don't need to eat, drink, or breathe, making me immune to starvation and suffocation. These effects last until the end of my next extended rest.

Race Features
Living Dead: I count as both living and undead, and can choose which type will apply on spells and effects that treat living creatures and undead creatures differently.
Vampiric Heritage: I can replace 2nd level+ utility powers with Vryloka utility powers.

Level 1 Occultist Feature: You gain proficiency with tomes.  You can master and perform rituals in the binding category as though you had the Ritual Caster feat.   In addition, you gain the sign of the golden ram power.
Gloom Pact Reward: Gain tiered damage bonus. This bonus is equal to my dex mod. At 5th level add 2, at 15th add 4, and 6 at 25th.
Gloom Pact Weapon: Gain the Scourge of Exquisite Agony warlock item, as well as the Flesh Rend and Spirit Flay attack powers.

Feats
:White Lotus Dueling Expertise: Bonus - I gain a +1 feat bonus to the attack rolls of arcane powers and basic attacks that you make with any weapon or implement with which you have proficiency. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level, and +3 at 21st level. I also gain proficiency with Orbs.
Arcane Familiar (Shadow Raven): Level One - I gain a familiar. For each familiar feat I have beyond this one, my familiar gains a +1 bonus to its defenses.

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pohaku will take a few steps before moving towards his allies
Mechanics

Move Action- move 6 sq to AG32
[1d20+3]=10+3=13 Acrobatics to climb cross the roof
Standard-Double move to AE29
Combat block

HP: 12/43

At-Will Powers:
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Vengeful Guardian
Savage Reach
Jarring Smash
Goring Charge [_]
Batter Down [x]
Savage Cut [x]
Utility Powers
Second Wind [_]
Defender Aura [x]
Ignore Pain [_]

Consumables:

None.

Class Features

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter berserker fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects,

Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.

Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.

Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Arid Desert: Gain +3 AC and +2 Reflex when Wearing cloth/no armor and no shield: Gain resist 5 Fire at 4th level, Resist Fire 10 at 14th, Resist fire 15 at 24th

Poised Defender: Gain +2 bonus to AC while Defender aura is active and not wearing heavy armor

Racial Features

Ferocity: When minotaur's drop to 0 hit points or fewer, they can make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt action.

Heedless Charge: Minotaur's gain a moderate racial bonus to AC against opportunity attacks provoked during a charge.

Theme Features

Feat's

Brutal Reach: When making a Melee attack, Reroll weapon dice that show 1 when you're raging and wielding a two-handed reach weapon

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise +1/2/3 to attack rolls with two-handed melee weapons, +1/2/3 to damage rolls of charge attacks with two-handed melee

Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Pohaku lumbers across the roof of the shack, bringing his halberd to bear at one of the Powder Kegs beneath, nearly beheading the man who slumps to the mud. The lieutenant seems to hear the request for help from an ally in the enclosure, and in return, barks out in a thick Imardanian brogue: "Deal with it yourself!" He turns back to Josie, missing a vital opportunity, before shouting once more in Imardanian to the men around him.

Inside the enclosure, one of the Powder Kegs dives for the stairs, dislodging one of the prisoners climbing up it and sending them back to the ground.

Mechanics
Velasco: fails death save, 2/3.

Pohaku: moves, balances, charges, hits with Life-Ending Strike 16 vs AC for 33 damage and kills.

Powder Keg 9: shifts, Bull Rush on Prisoner 7, hit and pushed down to enclosure.

Powder Keg Lieutenant: Vexing Teamwork on Josie, 16 vs AC = miss. Uses Mass Tactics, granting shifts and buffs.
Status
Map
Map Info

Buildings: Heights as listed. The three buildings have sloped rooves and will require a DC 10 Acrobatics check to cross their peak, or an DC 10 Athletics check to climb over at half speed.
Enemy Info
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
Standard Action: Wolf Shape Secondary Power on Powder Keg 6
Attack: [1d20+8]=15+8=23 vs AC = hit?
Hit: [1d10+4]=5+4=9 damage

Save vs no shift: [1d20]=7 = fail

Save vs ongoing damage: [1d20]=1

Combat Block
Zhou Si (Josie)

Female Elf Druid 3

HP: 28/35

Active Effects:

Powers:

Wild Shape
Savage Rend
Magic Stones
Grasping Claws

Second Wind [X]
Wolf Shape [X]
Elven Accuracy [_]
Thorn Spray [_]
Wolf's Vitality [_]
Predator's Flurry [X]

Savage Frenzy [X]

Important Features:
Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey

Post by greysigil »

Brandys once again moves in with a strike and a grab against the slaver, using the pressure between himself and the prisoners beyond the door to force an opening.
Latching onto the man, Brandys braces himself, then pulls, hauling him away from the crowd of prisoners, towards the southern wall of the enclosure.
Glancing up the wall, he barks into the newly formed cloud of smoke: "If you are an ally, cast down a blade! Help us!" I pray you are. If not, we may truly be doomed.
Mechanics
Standard: Grappling strike vs Pk13. (third time is the charm, right?)
Attack: [1d20+9]=14+9=23 vs AC
Damage: [1d4+4]=2+4=6
Addtl. Effect: Target is Marked and Grabbed until the end of my next turn.
Mark - Combat Challenge: Target takes a -2 Penalty to attacks that don't include me, and I may make an MBA vs the target if they attack a target other than me. Mark ends at the end of my next turn, or if they receive another mark.
Move: Forceful Drag [move my speed, slide a grabbed creature 1 square for each square I move] moving 5 squares SW, 1 square E, ending with me at T18 and Pk13 at T17
Combat Block
Brandys

Male Human Fighter 3

RBA:

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Item At-Will

Grab Attack (Standard)
Footwork Lure (Standard)
Cleave (Standard)

Encounter [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Forceful Drag [_] (Move)

Daily [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Feature:

Important Features:

Item Features, None Yet
Last edited by greysigil on Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f

Paused
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brandys bodily drives the Powder Keg into the corner of the enclosure, however the maneuver leaves him open to a passing blade and mace. Another prisoner is hacked down as the offending Powder Keg moves to block off their exit from the gaol.

In the enclosure, the archer plaguing Pohaku makes a mad dash along the southern battlement, gaining a new angle on those below. Josie is caught on her flank from a blade, though only a shallow cut.
Samiira
As the man in the enclosure calls up to your hidden form, you narrow your eyes at him in the glimpses of lightning and pale moonlight.

He's shirtless and dirty, but there's no mistake — this is the same greying visage of the bartender of the Hawk & Halcyon, a backwater tavern a few day's ride south of Vyridis. You don't recall his name, though you do remember the outpost was a recent connection made in the growing network of Unfettered fronts across the region.

Mechanics
Josie: hits, fails save x2

Brandys: hits and grabs and marks, moves and drags. Eats OA from PK 7, 17 vs AC = hit for 10 damage, bloodying him.

Powder Keg 13: attacks Brandys, 15 vs AC = hit for 6 damage.

Powder Keg 18: double-runs.

Powder Keg 7: shifts, hits and downs Prisoner 2. 21 / 28 remain.

Powder Keg 6: attacks Josie, 27 vs AC = hit for 10->5 damage.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Still shrouded in smoke, Samiira stops for a moment to catch her breath. Seeing the prisoner approach, she notices that he seems somewhat familiar to her.

"Here!" She say says, grabbing the sword of one of the fallen powder kegs and tossing it down into the enclosure.
Mechanics
Standard: Second Wind, spends a surge and regains 8 HP as well as +2 to all defences until SONT.

Minor: picks up sword.

Move Action: throws sword down to Brandys.
Combat Block
Samiira Ka’Grappan

HP: 17/32

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Second Wind [_]
Sohei Flurry [X]
Changeling Trick [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Cloak of Shades [_]

Consumables:

Bloodroot Poison (heroic tier) [_]
-OR-

Important Features:

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The tossed sword pierces the mud beside Brandys and his foe.

In the alcove scrap, the Powder Kegs continue their onslaught, though Alerio's distracting winds hamper their efforts.

Go: Alerio, Hadrurus
Mechanics
Samiira: second winds, picks up longsword, drops it down toward Brandys. Mechanically it can be a bastard sword, and requires a minor action to pick up.

Powder Keg 16: shifts, attacks Hadrurus, 16 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg 8: moves, Longbow attacks Hadrurus, 11 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg 12: attacks Josie, 27 vs AC = hit for 6->1 damage, and she is marked, shifts.

Powder Keg 17: Handaxe attacks Alerio, 10 vs AC = miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Growing frustrated, Alerio whirls his flail into another storm-infused tempest, striking the Powder Keg with great force. The winds and force of thunder loosen his grip as he stumbles backward, and the Talon finally frees himself. I will be shackled no further.
Mechanics

Standard: Storm Hammer on PK17
Attack: [1d20+10]=16+10=26 vs Fort = Hit
Damage: [1d10+6]=10+6=16
PK17 is slid to Z31, breaking the grab

Move: Walk to Z27, by way of AA29

Ready Action: Disciplined Counter
If an enemy misses me with a melee attack, make a +10 vs Ref attack. On hit, deal 1d10+1 damage and slide the target up to two squares (or knock them prone). The target grants me a CA until the end of my next turn
Combat Block
Alerio Zavala

Male Deva Warpriest 3

Resistances:
Necrotic 6
Radiant 6
Lightning 5
Thunder 5

Powers:

Blessing of Wrath
Storm Hammer

Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Thundering Steel [_]
Healing Word [X][_]
Storm Surge [X]*
Create Water [_]
Hammering Wind [_]

Moment of Glory [X]
Shield of Faith [X]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:

BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Effect: Regeneration 2, hp 14+3
Move: Shift to Y29
Standard: Viper strike vs PK16 [1d20+10]=20+10=30
Crit: Max damage is 15 (1d8+5+2)
Targeted provokes opportunity attacks on shift from an ally of my choice until start of my next turn.

Reaction
No action: If PK15 shifts an adjacent ally of my choice can make an AOO against PK15
Immediate Interrupt: Use Word of the Blinding shield if Pohaku is attacked

Combat Block
Hadrurus

HP: 14+3/34

Powers:

Viper's Strike
Word of Exchange

Battlefront Shift [_]
Rune of Mending [X]
Inspiring Word [X]
Vengeance is Mine [X]

Shield of Sacrifice [X]

Consumables:
None.
Equipment
ITEMS

Important Features

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Round 9: Assailing the Sailor Slavers

In the enclosure, the prisoners rally with the successful advance of Brandys. A few join him in the corner, while others attempt to pummel the Powder Keg on the stairs. While Garvelli slips past the one guarding the doorway, others inside throw a volley of debris at the woman. A trio make a break for it, but she spins and twirls with her twin blades, allowing none past alive.

Mechanics
Alerio: sustains, hits and slides, moves, readies immediate action.

Hadrurus: regenerations, shifts, crits and bloodies and debuffs.

Prisoners: Garvelli shifts, misses. 3 prisoners attack PK9, 1 hit, 1 crit, for 6 damage. 3 prisoners attack PK13, miss. Prisoners inside throw shit at PK7, 1 hit for 1 damage. 3 flee, are cut down by PK7. 18 / 28 remain.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Mechanics
Death Saving Throw: [1d20]=16
Combat Block
Velasco "V" Vasquez

Male Vryloka Hexblade 3

Resistances:
Resist 6 Necrotic

Vulnerabilities:

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

At-Will
Eldritch Bolt
Flesh Rend
Convocation of Shadows
Item At-Will

Encounter [_]
Spirit Flay [_][_]
Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]
Malicious Shadow [x]
Unnatural Vitality [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Power Details

Race Features

Feats

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

"I've had enough. if i die here so be it.."
Mechanics
Move Action-Move to Z29
Standard action- Melee Basic Attack [1d20+7]=1+7=8 Melee basic attack
Acrobatics to get off the roof-[1d20+3]=17+3=20 Acrobatics
Ferocity: When pohaku drop's to 0 hit points or fewer, he can make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt action. 
Combat Block

HP: 12/43

At-Will Powers:
Bull Rush Attack
Grab Attack
Opportunity Attack
Vengeful Guardian
Savage Reach
Jarring Smash
Goring Charge [_]
Batter Down [x]
Savage Cut [x]
Utility Powers
Second Wind [_]
Defender Aura [x]
Ignore Pain [_]

Consumables:

None.

Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat's

Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

As Pohaku's spirit falters, the lieutenant still struggles against Alerio's winds. He brings his flail down in a crippling arc, but it slaps the mud mere inches from Josie's haunch.

Inside the enclosure, one of the Powder Kegs manages to gain a position on the stairs, successfully holding them off from any further fleeing prisoners.

Go: Josie, Brandys
Mechanics
Velasco: saves, no change.

Pohaku: moves and hops down, critical miss.

Powder Keg 9: shifts, total defense.

Powder Keg Lieutenant: Vexing Teamwork vs Josie, 18 vs AC = miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey

Post by greysigil »

Brandys' eyes flick to the blade as it pierces the earth and, with the hand not holding the foe before him, he reaches out and grasps the handle, pulling it free of the muck with a single, utilitarian swipe to clear the worst of the grime from it.
Newly armed, the weight of the blade familiar in his hand, the barkeep aims a slash at the slavers legs, trying to hamper his movement and drive him into the ground in one movement, fluid from years of practice.
Fortune smiles once more, all is not lost. "Many thanks, stranger!"
Mechanics
Standard: Steel Serpent Strike vs PK13
Attack: [1d20+9]=16+9=25 vs AC
Damage: [[2d10+4]=11+4=15
Addtl. Effect: Target is Marked, Slowed, and unable to Shift until the end of my next turn.
World Serpent's Grasp: On a hit against a slowed or immobilized target, knock the target Prone
Combat Block
Brandys

Male Human Fighter 3

RBA:

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Item At-Will

Grab Attack (Standard)
Footwork Lure (Standard)
Cleave (Standard)

Encounter [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Steel Serpent Strike [X] (Standard)
Forceful Drag [X] (Move)

Daily [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Feature:

Important Features:

Item Features, None Yet
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f

Paused
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Mechanics
Standard Action: Wolf Shape Secondary Power on Powder Keg 12
Attack: [1d20+8]=13+8=21 vs AC = hit?
Hit: [1d10+4]=8+4=12 damage

Save vs no shift: [1d20]=7 = fail

Save vs ongoing damage: [1d20]=19 = success

Combat Block
Zhou Si (Josie)

Female Elf Druid 3

HP: 22/35

Active Effects:

Powers:

Wild Shape
Savage Rend
Magic Stones
Grasping Claws

Second Wind [X]
Wolf Shape [X]
Elven Accuracy [_]
Thorn Spray [_]
Wolf's Vitality [_]
Predator's Flurry [X]

Savage Frenzy [X]

Important Features:
Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

In the enclosure, Brandys scores a gruesome slash on his enemy's legs. In response, the man shouts in pain, bringing his flail to bear on the four of you surrounding him. The spiked tip catches your fellow prisoners in the face, head, and neck, while you narrowly escape from a similar fate thanks to a weak parry. The three beside you fall to the mud, and you are left alone with the man as he maneuvers beside you, limping.

Another Powder Keg tries to resist the tide of prisoners and raise the broken door, but their combined efforts stymie her efforts.

In the alcove, the archer from the battlements gracefulls lands atop the roof, making her way over to the eave above you all. She fires an arrow through Alerio's whipping winds, catching him in the back of his shoulder.

Mechanics
Brandys: picks up sword, hits and slows and bloodies.

Josie: hits PK 12 and bloodies, fails, saves.

Powder Keg 13: Stands, cleave Prisoner 15, crits, kills 3 prisoners, cleaves Brandys for 5 damage, (mark punishment, Brandys rolls an MBA... 13 vs AC = miss). 15 / 28 prisoners remain.

Powder Keg 18: moves and Hops Down, Balances, Longbow attacks Alerio, 24 vs AC = hit for 14->9 damage.

Powder Keg 7: Bull Rushes Prisoner, 7 vs Fort = miss.

Powder Keg 6: attacks Josie, 20 vs AC = miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Samiira doesn't reply in response to Brandys' thanks, with work still to do she instead silently makes her way down the stairs towards their base where another powder keg is engaged fighting with some more of the escaped prisoners. Coming up behind them, Samiira attempts to catch them unaware and plunge her blade into the outlaw's back.
Mechanics
Move: walk to (U,20). Stealth to remain hidden: 16

[1d20+11]=5+11=16

Standard: MBA on PK9, 27 (30 if hidden) vs AC = hits for 17 damage (18 if hidden).
[1d20+10]=17+10=27[1d8+5]=5+5=10[1d8]=7
Combat Block
Samiira Ka’Grappan

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Second Wind [X]
Sohei Flurry [X]
Changeling Trick [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Cloak of Shades [X]

Consumables:

-OR-

Important Features:

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Samiira's assault does not go unnoticed, but it does go unhindered as she drives her blade into the back of the bowless archer before her.

In the alcove, one of the Powder Kegs takes aim at Alerio, bringing his mace down hard on the Talon. At the same time, the Powder Keg who had previously grappled with Alerio now drives his handaxe wildly into Hadrurus's side, biting through a gap in his armor.

Mechanics
Samiira: moves, attempts to hide and fails, hits and bloodies.

Powder Keg 16: attacks Hadrurus, 16 vs AC = miss.

(Correction from last post) Powder Keg 6: attacks Josie, 20 vs AC = hit for 6->1 damage.

Powder Keg 8: Longbow attacks Alerio, 18 vs AC = miss, moves.

Powder Keg 12: shifts, attacks Alerio, 28 vs AC = hit, 12->7 damage.

Powder Keg 17: shifts, Handaxe attacks Hadrurus, crits for 9 damage, proccing 3 THP for Hadrurus due to Serene Blade.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
BartNL
Swampperson Prime

Post by BartNL »

Mechanics
Effect: Regeneration 2, hp 10+3
Move: Shift to X29
Standard: Viper strike vs PK16 [1d20+12]=4+12=16 for [1d8+5]=2+5=7
Targeted provokes opportunity attacks on shift from an ally of my choice until start of my next turn.

Reaction
No action: If PK16 shifts an adjacent ally of my choice can make an AOO against PK16
Immediate Interrupt: Use Word of the Blinding shield if Pohaku is attacked

Combat Block
Hadrurus

HP: 10+3/34

Powers:

Viper's Strike
Word of Exchange

Battlefront Shift [_]
Rune of Mending [X]
Inspiring Word [X]
Vengeance is Mine [X]

Shield of Sacrifice [X]

Consumables:
None.
Equipment
ITEMS

Important Features

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Alerio whirls another cyclone with his tempestuous flail, landing a powerful blow that sends the Keg skidding across the dirt. The winds howl and the thunder roars, affording his allies a moment to reposition in the divine storm. His eyes notice the slumped shadow of his ally on the far roof, and the Talon clenches his fist. With the gods as my witness, you will not fall today. Taking a risk, he starts toward Velasco.
Mechanics

Standard: Hammering Wind on PK 12
Attack: [1d20+10]=12+10=22 vs AC = Hit
Damage: [1d10+6]=5+6=11 thunder damage
PK12 is pushed to AB26 and knocked prone, and then slid to AC26
Slide Josie to Y25, Hadrurus to V29, Pohaku tentatively to AA31

Move: Walk to V25 

Ready Action: Disciplined Counter
If an enemy misses me with a melee attack, make a +10 vs Ref attack. On hit, deal 1d10+1 damage and slide the target up to two squares (or knock them prone). The target grants me a CA until the end of my next turn
Combat Block
Alerio Zavala

Male Deva Warpriest 3

AC: 17 +2 (Shield of Faith)
HP: 17/38

Resistances:
Necrotic 6
Radiant 6
Lightning 5
Thunder 5

Powers:

Blessing of Wrath
Storm Hammer

Second Wind [_]
Disciplined Counter [_]
Smite Undead [_]*
Thundering Steel [_]
Healing Word [X][_]
Storm Surge [X]*
Create Water [_]
Hammering Wind [X]

Moment of Glory [X]
Shield of Faith [X]

Consumables:

None.
Important Features:

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Round 10: Assailing the Sailor Slavers

Hadrurus continues to exchange blows with the slavers, while Alerio lands a singular strike on one of them. Shrugging off the errant shove of another Powder Keg, Alerio breaks from the pack, leaving a somewhat disengaged scene behind him thanks to his whirling cyclones.

In the enclosure, one prisoner attempts to advance up the stairs while the Powder Keg reels from Samiira's onslaught, though finds no opportunity. Two more abandon their attempts, instead rallying with Brandys. One of them steadies the tavernkeeper who wrestles with the Powder Keg in the mud, while the other claps on Brandys' back in a show of support.

Mechanics
Hadrurus: regenerates, shifts, hits and debuffs.

Alerio: sustains, hits and prones and slides, slides x3 allies, moves, takes OA from PK16, 27 vs AC = hit for 4->0 damage.

Prisoners: 2 converge on Brandys and attempt Medicine check Second Wind - 9 (fail), 16 (pass). Brandys' Second Wind is used, granting no defense bonuses but gaining him 10 HP. 1 flanks PK9, critical miss. Gaoled prisoners RBA PK7, 2 hits for 4 damage total. Garvelli MBAs her too, miss.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
FinalTemplar
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Post by FinalTemplar »

Mechanics
Death Saving Throw: [1d20]=3
Combat Block
Velasco "V" Vasquez

Male Vryloka Hexblade 3

Resistances:
Resist 6 Necrotic

Vulnerabilities:

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

At-Will
Eldritch Bolt
Flesh Rend
Convocation of Shadows
Item At-Will

Encounter [_]
Spirit Flay [_][_]
Item Encounter [_]

Daily [_]
Malicious Shadow [x]
Unnatural Vitality [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Important Features:
Power Details

Race Features

Feats

Active PCs
Caedus (#4080FF)  
Dessarius (#8e44ad)
Eridas (#4040FF)
Narciso (#FFBF00) 
Taliesin (#4040BF)
Tristan (#2980b9)
Velasco (#800000)
Deimos (#f39c12)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

A peal of thunder sounds out across the coast, echoing off the brick walls of the seafort. Atop the stone gaol's rooftop, a sprawled-out figure lays supine — tattered bandages soaked through by the rain, wet eyes unmoving toward the great black sky. Beside him, a translucent crow pecks desperately at the figure's cheek, cawing sharply in a strange cant. In the figure's rigid grasp, an intricate blade pulses a weak, violet color, a soft hum emanating from it.
Velasco
"Damnit, kid," comes the voice of Geral in your father's blade. He sounds different. Injured. Angry. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more for you."

The pain in your chest and shoulder fades, the sensation already growing difficult to remember. The ring of blades clashing and shouts of men dying sound so far from you, as if hearing them from down a long, long hall. Even the feel of the rain on your bandaged skin feels dull, the warmth of each drop no longer distinguishable. The peck of Raine at your cheek is like a metronome, ticking and tocking as you slip further and further away.

Your last moments are of a growing and all-consuming silence. You think of his face — tawny, freckled, and smiling, like when you first saw him. And then, nothing.
OOC
RIP Velasco :(

He was an impulsive, troubled, and dramatic young gutter-rat, and yet he died fighting for his friends, the innocent, and for his own redemption.

Thanks to DIO for making him a part of our story here. He will be remembered by us and by the Unfettered.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Pohaku will grit his teeth as he moves in on one of the powder kegs
Mechanics
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With the cyclones breaking apart the brutal melee for a moment, the grizzled Powder Keg takes a guarded step back from the freed lupine, instead racing after the Talon. The older man's swing is dampened by the winds, but it still catches Alerio off-guard.

In the enclosure, the Keg on the stairs turns to face Samiira, swinging a handaxe at her — though it is easily swatted aside by the dual-wielder.

Mechanics
Velasco: fails death saving throw (3/3), dies.

Pohaku: moves, hits, bloodies, buffs.

Powder Keg 9: Handaxe attacks Samiira, 17 vs AC = miss.

Powder Keg Lieutenant: shifts, charge Alerio, 27 vs AC = hit for 5->0 damage, marking and slowing him TENT.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey

Post by greysigil »

Brandys smiles a weary, thankful smile at the prisoners that come to his aid, his face grim. His heart aches for all the lives lost, his bones ache from the strain of combat, and he just wants this all to be done. His eyes harden, his focus coming down to a razor edge. There. He acts, seizing the opening and grabbing the slaver in his free hand, and going for a vicious stab with his borrowed blade.
Pulling the blade free as he drops the man to the ground, he spots the pistol the now-dead man carried. How fortunate we are, that he did not use it. He thinks, reaching down to relieve it of its previous owner. Glancing at the two beside him, he starts to walk towards the bottom of the stairs. "Take his flail and shield and go to Garvelli's aid now. I will go greet our potential ally."
Mechanics
Standard: Grappling Strike vs PK13
Attack: [1d20+9]=20+9=29 vs AC, Critical Hit!
Damage: 1d10+4 maxed to 14
Addtl. Effect: Target is Marked and Grabbed until the end of my next turn, and Dead until, well.
World Serpent's Grasp: On a hit against a slowed or immobilized target, knock the target Prone

Minor: Pick up Flintlock Pistol
Move: Walk to U23, unless that blocks Prisoner 22 in, in which case I would prefer to leave him an avenue of escape (T22 or T23, whichever works best)
Combat Block
Brandys

Male Human Fighter 3

HP: 14/41
Surges left: 10/11

RBA:

Resistances:
None.

Vulnerabilities:
None.

Saves:
None.

Active Effects:
None

Powers:

At-Will
Item At-Will

Grab Attack (Standard)
Footwork Lure (Standard)
Cleave (Standard)

Encounter [_]
Item Encounter [_]

Steel Serpent Strike [X] (Standard)
Forceful Drag [X] (Move)

Daily [_]
Item Daily [_]

Consumables:

None.

Feature:

Important Features:

Item Features, None Yet
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f

Paused
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Josie races towards the nearest of the unengaged powder kegs, just as she spots Velasco take his last breaths on the roof across the courtyard. The sight of her companion causes her to lose focus and, in a moment of grief and anger, her wolf form fades away. "Velasco!" she shouts in vain, as the man falls lifeless before her eyes. Grabbing some of the pins from her hair, she haphazardly throws them behind her at the pursuing raiders.

Mechanics
Move Action: move to (Y, 27)

Minor Action: drop beast form, shifting to (X, 28) as I do

Standard Action: Thorn Spray centered on (AA, 27). This does not provoke OA.
Attack vs Powder Keg 6: [1d20+8]=8+8=16 vs Fort = hit? (will use Elven Accuracy if this is not a hit)
Attack vs Powder Keg 12: [1d20+8]=11+8=19 vs Fort = hit?
Attack vs Powder Keg 16: [1d20+8]=11+8=19 vs Fort = hit?
Attack vs Powder Keg 18: 9[1d20+8]=10+8=18 vs Fort = hit?
Hit: [1d6+4]=1+4=5 damage, and each target takes a -5 penalty to all defenses until end of my next turn.

Save vs no shift: [1d20]=9 = fail

Combat Block
Zhou Si (Josie)

Female Elf Druid 3

HP: 22/35

Active Effects:

Powers:

Wild Shape
Savage Rend
Magic Stones
Grasping Claws

Second Wind [X]
Wolf Shape [X]
Elven Accuracy [_]
Thorn Spray [X]
Wolf's Vitality [_]
Predator's Flurry [X]

Savage Frenzy [X]

Important Features:
Class Features

Racial Features

Theme Features

Feat(ures)

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Brandys
You pick up the flintlock pistol and shake off the mud, finding beneath it a worn but well-maintained firearm. When this item is equipped as a waist item slot, you gain the following encounter power:

Flintlock Shot

Range 10 (Can extend to 20 but lose the reroll)
As an standard action, make one RBA against an enemy. Roll your attack roll one additional time, using the best result. On a hit you deal 1d10+6 damage.

This power only recharges upon rest if you are carrying a firing kit.

Josie's flurry of projectile weapons causes the many Powder Kegs to flinch at the sudden assault. On the rooftop, the archer repositions after her arrow is knocked off course from Alerio's winds. Another of the enemies gains on Josie, sliding around her flank and nicking her side with a well-placed sword sweep.

Inside the enclosure, the Powder Keg guarding the goal manages to body slam one of the prisoners back inside and out of the doorway. She latches onto the displaced door, lifting it off the ground, while barking over at her shoulder in Imardanian what can only be a request for help. Near Brandys, the other two prisoners give him a nod of deference as the barkeep strides past them.

Mechanics
Brandys: crits and kills, picks up pistol, moves.

Josie: moves, shifts and changes form, hits 4x and bloodies 2x and debuffs.

Powder Keg 18: Longbow attacks Alerio, 11 vs AC = miss, moves.

Powder Keg 7: Bull Rush on Prisoner, 21 vs Fort = hit, shifts, grabs broken door.

Powder Keg 6: moves, charges Josie, 27 vs AC = hit for 7->2 damage and procs a free shift.
Status
Map
Map Info

Enemy Info
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Samiira attacks the powderkeg beneath her on the stairs once more. She finds her mark yet again and as she pulls her sword out of the woman's chest, she gives her a slight push to the side sending the defeated powderkeg falling to the enclosure floor. She lands in the mud, already dead, as Samiira descends the stairs and starts towards the slaver holding back the prisoners still inside.

"You're from the Hawk & Halcyon, no?" She asks the man she recognises as she passes him on the stairs.
Mechanics
Standard: MBA on PK9, 23 vs AC = hit for 15 damage, 10 or less HP remains, PK9 is killed.
[1d20+13]=10+13=23[1d8+6]=7+6=13[1d8]=2

Move: Walk downstairs and then North to (Q,22).
Combat Block
Samiira Ka’Grappan

Powers:

Changeling Disguise
Garrote Strangle
Poisoned Dagger
Quick Lunge

Second Wind [X]
Sohei Flurry [X]
Changeling Trick [X]
Assassin’s Strike [X]
Cloak of Shades [X]

Consumables:

-OR-

Important Features: