Escape Trajectory: Makkuro — IC

Any campaign we're currently running goes here. Come in and join the fun!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by Namelessjake »

"Hmpf," Vutir responds to your arguements, furrowing his brow.

"Well I suppose you're right, desperate times and all - which is not without precedence..." he says after a moment of thought. "It'll be strictly on a trial basis, though mind you. You won't be an official guild captain until completion of the contract - give them the information Lutar, they should know what they're signing up for at least."

"Yes, so it's a contract for our League allies. 50 tons of cargo to be delivered to coordinates in the Immaran Barrens," Lutar explains, taking the dataslab back from Vutir and using it to project a small holographic display of Antheus highlighting the coordinates in question.

"If you're not familiar with Anthean geography, that is in House Eedlon's lands - one of our Northern adversaries - so some opposition to the delivery is to be expected. This would normally be a milk run, but given the circumstances and the danger pay, the contract is worth 20,000 credits, payable on delivery," he explains.

"So, are you still interested Captain?" Vutir asks Hikaru.
BartNL
Swampperson Prime
Registered for: 5 years 5 months

Post by BartNL »

Info
What does Warner know about the house and area mentioned?
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Warner
From a previous lore dump;
House Eedlon
The North of Antheus is weaker and poorer than the South, however there is still one house in the North that most people would class as a Great House. The ruling house of the largest city of the North, House Eedlon with their Diktat backing, are the main instigators of the current war.

You also would know that the Immaran Barrens are a large arid, rocky and desolate area on the Northern edge of the equatorial desert. They are characterised by an elaborate network of canyons and gullies carved out of the rock by ancient rivers long since dried up. While the region is fairly low in population, it does neighbour some of House Eedlon's more prosperous, and heavily defended, holdings - some of which would presumably be able to target you on approach with their planetary defences.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shipping cargo through hostile airspace, Cass considers. Sounds worthy of the time and risk considering the shit we've had to go through lately. We'll punch a hole through anything smaller than us and outspeed anything larger than us. He gives Hikaru a slight shrug of approval.

I don't even wanna know what's in those fifty tons.
Chanchabruhh
Vigilant Resolution
Registered for: 2 years 7 months

Post by Chanchabruhh »

Kaze will keep his eyes on his captain, eyes scanning the room every once in awhile during the conversation to see if he picks up on anything.

Hm i wonder whats in there? stolen goods? leverage on another house..regardless lets get this done..i dont trust this guy also im itching to see what else we get into.
Active Pcs
Boulder(Pohaku)
Kairon Lergaros, The Shaded Jester
Eldrin Stormblade, Tempest-born Avenger
Kaze Mori the Gunpowder Titan 
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hikaru grins as the guildmaster finally concedes. Well that was easy. Guess he really is desperate. "A frontline delivery then. The Makkuro is more than up to the task," he says proudly, knowing his crew can handle it. If we can handle pirates and Diktat fighters, we can handle this. Just have to go fast and careful. And being on better terms with the League never hurts.

"Can we assume we'll have clearance to land in allied cities after our delivery? In case we need emergency repairs or supplies." Doesn't hurt to ask. I'd rather not run into more trouble trying to land in Dacron.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Then it's settled," the guildmaster replies to Hikaru. "Lutar will get everything in order," he adds looking to his assistant.

"I don't see why they would deny entry to a Guild ship," he adds with a shrug in answer to Hikaru's final question.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Sounds like we got a way in for Bao's job, Cass considers. And another job while we're at it. Who knew entering an orbit at war would give us better options than before.

He gives a curt nod of deference to the guildmaster, betraying none of the disgust he feels.
greysigil
idk, that's pretty grey
Registered for: 3 years 7 months

Post by greysigil »

Kate, having fully dissociated through the negotiations, checks back in at the mention of an agreement being made. She is standing at attention, her back ramrod straight, her hands at her sides, and having stood still for so long, she is starting to feel the itch to move.

She follows Cass' lead, giving a similar nod of agreement to the guild master, internally thanking her muscle memory for keeping her from acting out of turn. Guess old habits die hard. At least it seems to have gone well. Can't wait to get out of here. Forgot how much I hate standing like this.
Active Characters
Atropos - #4f8596
Brandys - #50955f
VI-42016 "Jug" JUGGERNAUT - #c1545d
Katherine "Kate" Meecham - #ff6814

Paused
Ezra Wynter // MEDUSA - #91c886
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Settled indeed," Hikaru says with a manufactured smile, still surprised he actually managed to land them the contract. "The Makkuro and I won't let you or the guild down. Thank you for agreeing to meet with us again, and I hope this is a fruitful partnership." He looks to his companions and gives a quick smile and nod. 

He turns to Lutar, adding, "Let us know when everything's ready to go then, yeah? Or whatever else we need to do to prep for this."