Amongst the Flames — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Amongst the Flames IC

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
"I had an inkling," the cat replies. "Appearance isn't everything you know. You smell the same."
Eoli and Geral
[SHOW]
After following the guards directions for a while, you start to near the temple area and the location of the library. Turning down a side street you see two guards suddenly get knocked towards you and fall to the floor. As they stand up you notice another guard attack what appears to be Shira'stasa and Juliette further down the street.
The combined effort of the two women, sends two of the soldiers flying back into the alleyway, leaving them to pick themselves up off the floor. The other man takes a swing at Shira'stasa, however the blade narrowly misses the Tenant. However at the other end of the street, Eoli and Geral round the corner to be confronted by the chaos.

Go: Eoli, Shira'stasa, Juliette, Geral
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Juliette: hits, bloodies, prones.

Shira'stasa: shifts, hits x2, misses, sustains.

Soldier 1: stands.

Soldier 2: walks to (B, 1), misses Shira'stasa.

Soldier 3: stands.

Eoli and Geral join the encounter, although the guards will not attack them until they display hostile intentions.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Buildings: You can climb up onto the roof of any building if you really want to.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Soldier: These are low ranking soldiers in the Serran Legion. Assigned to guard duty in the capital, it is unlikely that these men have ever seen a real battle and their experience is probably limited to breaking up drunken bar fights.
Status
[SHOW]
22 Soldier 3 (D, 8) | HP: -61/?? | Bloodied
19 Eoli (D, 12) | HP: 30/30 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
17 Shira'stasa (C, 0) | HP: 27/27 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1
17 Juliette (D, 0) | HP: 21/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Aura 1, enemies take -2 to attack rolls on attacks that don't include me as a target, Savage Cut, Disrupting Advance
9 Geral (D, 13) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
8 Soldier 1 (C, 7) | HP: -48/?? | Bloodied
6 Soldier 2 (B, 1) | HP: -21/?? |
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Oh, yeah," she responds, walking around the bed. "I hadn't thought of that. We're going to be staying here for awhile, unless you want to leave. You can if you want, I only wanted to protect you from the fire. But you can stay too," she meows, jumping up onto the window sill to look at the area below.
OOC
[SHOW]
What is the view out Cleo's window like? Is there any sort of ledge where she'd be able to get from her window to other windows/roofs?
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
"I might stay, I might not," the cat says, jumping up on to the bed. "I'll decide later," it adds, curling up into a ball. Outside your window is a small courtyard, filled with plants. A large palm tree sways gently near your window and rises up above the rooftop of this part of the temple. The walls of the courtyard are decorative and there appears to be several very narrow ledges running around its entirety.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Juliette doesn't notice the Eoli and Geral arrive from the other end of the alley, focused instead on the soldier attempting to attack Shira'stasa. She lashes out at him with her sickle and he stumbles back into the wall.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Savage Reach on Soldier 2
I enter Berserker Fury - Defender's Aura ends
Attack: 12(1d20) +9 = 21 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 9(1d10) +5 = 14
Slide Soldier 2 into wall at A2 & prone him
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2
Languages: Imardanian, Serran
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 115 lbs.

Speed: 6
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 16
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 20
Fort: 18
Ref: 17
Will: 14
HP: 21/33
Bloodied: 16
Surge Value: 8
Surges left: 9/9
Action points: 1

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [X]
Savage Cut [X]
Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

World Serpent's Grasp: Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Weapon Proficiency (Kusari-gama): You gain proficiency with the Kusari-gama.

Poised Defender: While your defender aura is active and you're not wearing heavy armor, you gain a + 2 bonus to AC.

Arid Desert Heartland: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex. At 4th level, you gain resist 5 fire. The resistance increases to 10 at 14th level and 15 at 24th level.

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter your Berserker Fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects.
+ Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.
+ Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.
+ Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Human Defense Bonuses: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by kalis5 »

Geral lets out a hum of confusion as the guards fall to his feet before looking over to Eoli with a shrug.
"Well. Found them."
He draws his sword and gets into a fighting stance, shouting at the women across the way.
"Would you ladies care to explain why these guards deserve to be pounded into the pavement before I do so?"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor action draw sword.
Will wait until the women tell Geral what happened before getting involved. They are guards.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Not now, sellsword! Speak with your blade, not your tongue!" Shira'stasa cries mid-engagement.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Holding my actions until after Geral or Eoli
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As her new pet/friend lays down to nap, Cleo glances at the small ledges and decides to have some fun before the day is over. She hops down onto it and begins to make her way along the edge towards the next window, hoping there will be something interesting inside. I bet I can learn all sorts of things without these priests even batting an eye. Sometimes I love this whole cat thing!
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Acrobatics check to balance on ledge: 29
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral rolls his eyes as he's yelled at, walking forward to the guards on the ground.
"Just wanted some bloody context before I go killing a few city guards, geeze... Is that so much to ask for?"
He draws power into his sword, making flames spiral from the hilt up to the tip of his sword.
They're going to be screaming in my ear for more once we're done too, so that will be fun. As if I don't have enough going on in my head.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move to D9
Flame Cyclone Starting in D8, catching Soldier 1 and 3 in a close blast 3 against reflex.
Attack Roll 1 against Soldier 1: 10(1d20) +6 = 16
Attack Roll 2 against Soldier 3:5(1d20) +6 = 11

Hit 1, Miss 3.
Damage: 3(1d8) +7 = 10
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

Male Genasi Swordmage Level 2
Languages: Serran, Kurnish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Initiative: 1
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 21
Fort: 14
Will: 13
HP:37/37
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges: 11/11
AP: 1

MBA: 1d20+7 to Attack. 1d8+2 Damage.

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [X]
Vanishing Blade [ ]
Arcane Mutterings [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Genasi Firesoul: +1 Reflexes, Resist 5 Fire, and Firepulse.

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.

Aegis of Assault: Target is marked. It suffers a -2 to all attack rolls that do not include Geral. If a target is hit without Geral being included, Geral teleports up to 10 squares to a spot next to the target and makes a basic melee attack.

White Lotus Riposte: Until the SoNT, a target hit with an at-will takes that abilities modifier damage when attacking Geral.
Last edited by kalis5 on Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
Reaching the next window you see the room inside is almost identical to yours. Although it does show signs of being more lived in, with papers and books left on the desk and a few decorative cushions on the bed.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Hm, I will need to get some cushions, Cleo thinks as she observes the otherwise unremarkable room. She moves on for now, headed towards the next window accessible from the ledge. I hope one of these rooms has another cat to talk to.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
The next room is currently occupied with a young priest, wearing what you now recognise as Initiate robes, snoring on the bed. Much of the room is filled with empty bottles.
PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by PureZaros »

"Context would be nice. I do not wish to kill without reason." Eoli calls to the Tenant at the other end of the street, as he directs his wisp to control Geral's arms for a moment, directing a powerful sword swing at one of the guards. "Explain the situation while we fight!"
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Free Action: Call Spirit Companion adjacent to Geral, don't really care what spot.

Standard Action: Spirit Infusion on Geral, granting him a basic attack with +2 to attack roll and +4 to power.
Attacking Soldier 3
Attack:
Damage:

SC disappears.

Minor Action: Call Spirit Companion to [D, 7]

Ready Opportunity Action:
Spirit's Wrath
Enemy leaves square adjacent to SC
+7 wis vs reflex
1d6+5 damage, and the target grants CA until end of my next turn
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Male Deva Animist Shaman 2
Languages: Serran, Kurnish, Elven, Dwarven
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 250 lbs.

Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 20

AC: 17
Fort: 13
Reflex: 15
Will: 16
HP: 30/30
Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
6 necrotic
6 radiant

Active Effects:
+1 to all defenses against bloodied enemies

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[_] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Second Wind
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Spirit's Sacrifice
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

[_] Spirit of the Healing Flood

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.
Spirit Boon: Allies gain a +2 bonus to saving throws when adjacent to your Spirit Companion. In addition, if your Spirit Companion is not present at the start of your turn, you can summon it once during that turn as a free action.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.
Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.

Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Spirit of Vigor: When you use Call Spirit Companion as a minor action, one ally adjacent to your SC when it appears gains temporary hit points equal to your INT modifier (+4).
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"The Rakhul's oppression is reason enough!" the Tenant shouts, vaguely replying to the newcomers flanking the soldiers. Her decaying hand shambles closer toward the man lying in a heap on the ground after Juliette's attack, mocking him with gestures. He cries out in fear, his face a ghostly pale.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk Zombie Hand to B2, making Soldier 2 grant CA.

Standard: Beguiling Strands, a 5x5 catching Soldier 2. Hits Will 16, pushing him into the wall for 10 psychic/physical damage.
Attack: 7(1d20) +9 = 16
Damage: 5(1d6) +5 = 10

Minor: Sustain Zombie Mage Hand.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2
Languages: Serran, Tulrissian, Imardanian, Kurnish
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Insight: 19
Senses: Normal

AC: 18
Fort: 12
Ref: 16
HP: 27/27
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 7/7

Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [x]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [x] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [x] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

* Only one may be readied at beginning of day.
** Can be traded for Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation.

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Still no other cats, boring. What a slacker this guy is, huh? She continues on, hoping that perhaps the next window will lead to something interesting.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
The next room reveals two initiates, one male and one female, passionately kissing each other and pulling their robes off.
The soldiers in the middle of the alley, now clearly injured, turn on Geral. One manages to land a hit, while the other is less successful and is also attacked by Eoli's Wisp. The other soldier slowly picks himself up once more.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Juliette: hits, prones.

Geral: Draws sword, moves, hits, misses.

Eoli: Calls SC, Geral attacks Soldier 3, hits for 7 damage, Calls SC, readies OA.

Shira'stasa: moves mage hand, hits, bloodies, sustains.

Soldier 3: hits Geral for 6 damage.

Soldier 1: moves to (C, 9), Spirit Companion OA triggered and is hit for 10 damage, misses Geral.

Soldier 2: Stands.
Map
[SHOW]
http://i.imgur.com/cL56Fo3.png?1
Map Info
[SHOW]
Buildings: You can climb up onto the roof of any building if you really want to.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Soldier: These are low ranking soldiers in the Serran Legion. Assigned to guard duty in the capital, it is unlikely that these men have ever seen a real battle and their experience is probably limited to breaking up drunken bar fights.
Status
[SHOW]
22 Soldier 3 (D, 8) | HP: -68/?? | Bloodied
19 Eoli (C, 13) | HP: 30/30 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
17 Juliette (D, 0) | HP: 21/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Berseker Fury, Savage Cut, Disrupting Advance
9 Geral (D, 9) | HP: 25/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 | Flame Cyclone
8 Soldier 1 (C, 9) | HP: -68/?? | Bloodied
6 Soldier 2 (A, 2) | HP: -45/?? | Bloodied, prone, granting CA
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Ha! Why am I not surprised? I wonder if I'll find someone while I'm here, it might get lonely after awhile if not. She decides to meow and stretch, hoping to startle the lovebirds.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

With the soldier pinned against the wall by Shira'stasa's magic being, Juliette daintily walks over and attempts to slice away at the vulnerable man.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to C4

Standard: Life-Ending Strike
Attack: 1(1d20) +11 = 12 vs AC = Miss. Real nice, but I still get half damage.
Damage: 18(4d10) +5 = 23 Half damage, so 11
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [X]
Savage Cut [X]
Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Flail Expertise: You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls that you make with a flail. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, when you hit with a melee weapon attack using a flail and the attack lets you slide the target, you can knock the target prone instead of sliding it.

World Serpent's Grasp: Whenever you hit a slowed or immobilized target with an attack, you can knock it prone.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth armor or no armor.

Poised Defender: While your defender aura is active and you're not wearing heavy armor, you gain a + 2 bonus to AC.

Arid Desert Heartland: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus to AC and a +2 bonus to Reflex. At 4th level, you gain resist 5 fire. The resistance increases to 10 at 14th level and 15 at 24th level.

Berserker Fury: When you use a barbarian primal attack power, you enter your Berserker Fury until the end of the encounter. Alternatively, you can use a minor action while you are bloodied to enter the fury. The fury has the following effects.
+ Your defender aura ends, if it was active, and you cannot use defender aura or vengeful guardian until the fury ends.
+ Some of your powers, such as your barbarian martial at-will attack powers, gain additional benefits, as noted in those powers.
+ Your melee basic attacks deal 1d8 extra damage. This extra damage increases to 2d8 at 11th level and 3d8 at 21st level.

Human Defense Bonuses: You gain a +1 racial bonus to Fortitude, Reflex, and Will.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sighs as the blade scratches across his shoulder, unamused by their antics.
"Well... You have made two mistakes today. One, was attacking my friends. Two... Was trying to gang up on me."

He brings his sword in close and, with a sweep of the blade, the air around him cracks like a whip as it strikes the one soldier, the air returning to his blade before he brings it crashing down on the other, stunning him with a blast of pure sound.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard Action to use Sword Burst against Soldier 1 and 3 against Reflex.
Against Soldier 1: 14(1d20) +6 = 20
Against Soldier 3: 2(1d20) +6 = 8
Missed 3.

Damage: 5(1d6) +5 = 10

Action Point to use Booming Blade on Soldier 3 against AC: 11(1d20) +10 = 21
Damage: 4(1d8) +5 = 9
If Soldier 3 is adjacent to Geral at the start of his next turn and moves away from Geral, he takes 1d6+3 thunder damage.
Geral gains +5 temp hit points.

Minor to mark Soldier 1 with Aegis of Assault. If Soldier 1 attacks anyone without including Geral in the attack, Soldier 1 takes a -2 penalty to attack, and if the attack hits, Geral teleports to Soldier 1 and hits with an MBA.
Stat Block
[SHOW]
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

Male Genasi Swordmage Level 2
Languages: Serran, Kurnish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Initiative: 1
Passive Perception: 10

AC: 21
Fort: 14
Will: 13
HP:31+5/37
Bloodied: 18
Surge Value: 9
Surges: 11/11
AP: 1

MBA: 1d20+7 to Attack. 1d8+2 Damage.

Action Point: [X]

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
Golden

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [X]
Vanishing Blade [ ]
Arcane Mutterings [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Genasi Firesoul: +1 Reflexes, Resist 5 Fire, and Firepulse.

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.

Aegis of Assault: Target is marked. It suffers a -2 to all attack rolls that do not include Geral. If a target is hit without Geral being included, Geral teleports up to 10 squares to a spot next to the target and makes a basic melee attack.

White Lotus Riposte: Until the SoNT, a target hit with an at-will takes that abilities modifier damage when attacking Geral.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
The couple are too caught up in the moment and either don't hear or don't react to your meow.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo scoffs, or would have if she was able to in her cat form. Whatever, enjoy your sex. I will find someone more interesting. She continues on, continuing to hope for another cat to speak to or an interesting set of notes to peer over.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"No need to be intimidating." Eoli growls at Geral, wisp flickering out to Juliette, where it borrows her arms and flails her weapon out at the pinned soldier. "Just hit them until they don't move."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move action: SC to square adjacent to Juliette.

Standard Action: Spirit Infusion on Juliette, granting her a basic attack with +2 to attack roll and +4 to power.
Attacking Soldier 2
Attack: 20 vs AC...
Damage: 7 damage

Minor Action:
Call Spirit Companion to [C, 8]

Ready opportunity Action: Spirit's Wrath
Enemy leaves square adjacent to SC
+7 Wis vs Reflex
1d6+5 damage, and the target grants CA until end of my next turn
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Male Deva Animist Shaman 2
Languages: Serran, Kurnish, Elven, Dwarven
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 250 lbs.

Initiative: +7
Passive Perception: 20

AC: 17
Fort: 13
Reflex: 15
HP: 30/30
Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 7
Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
6 necrotic
6 radiant

Active Effects:
+1 to all defenses against bloodied enemies

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[_] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Second Wind
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Spirit's Sacrifice
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

[_] Spirit of the Healing Flood

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.
Spirit Boon: Allies gain a +2 bonus to saving throws when adjacent to your Spirit Companion. In addition, if your Spirit Companion is not present at the start of your turn, you can summon it once during that turn as a free action.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.

Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Spirit of Vigor: When you use Call Spirit Companion as a minor action, one ally adjacent to your SC when it appears gains temporary hit points equal to your INT modifier (+4).
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Channeling her energy to control her construct, Shira'stasa commands the zombified hand to take physical form for a moment. Grabbing at the man's frame, it slams him into the wall painfully.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Beguiling Strands, a 5x5 catching Soldier 2. Hits Will 28, pushing him into the wall/prone for 8 physical/psychic damage.
Attack: 19(1d20) +9 = 28
Damage: 3(1d6) +5 = 8

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [x] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [x] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
As you make your way along the ledge towards the next window, another cat jumps out of it and onto the ledge. Clearly surprised by your presence it greets you with a short hiss.
Geral quickly cuts down the two men around him. The inexperienced soldiers proving no match for a seasoned mercenary. Whilst their comrade can do nothing but pick himself up off the floor once more.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Juliette: moves, misses.

Geral: hits, kills, misses, uses AP, hits, kills.

Eoli: Moves SC, Juliette hits, Calls SC, readies OA.

Shira'stasa: hits, sustains.

Soldier 2: stands,
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
22 Soldier 3 (D, 8) | HP: -77/?? | Dead
17 Juliette (C, 4) | HP: 21/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 1/1 | Berseker Fury, Savage Cut, Disrupting Advance, Life-Ending Strike
9 Geral (D, 9) | HP: 25/31 | THP: 5/5 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 0/1 | Flame Cyclone
8 Soldier 1 (C, 9) | HP: -78/?? | Dead
6 Soldier 2 (A, 2) | HP: -71/?? | Bloodied, granting CA
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

With two of the men falling like flies plucked out of the air, Shira'stasa holds strong against the remaining soldier, her apparition cornering him against the wall.

"Drop your weapon and go. Report to your commander that the Rakhul's mistreatment of the holy caste will not be tolerated. Do this, or I shall make sure that your last breath is not air, but ash and flame," Shira'stasa says, her voice a chilling tone.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Intimidate Soldier 2.
Roll: 13(1d20) +3 = 16

Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [x] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [x] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Whoa, calm down there friend," Cleo meows, finding it odd that a cat would become so startled at the sight of another of its kind. Maybe he's just shy. "What's your name?"
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

"Go fuck yourself Witch!" The soldier says in response to Shira'stasa. Unfazed by her death threats, he remains courageous.
Cleo
[SHOW]
"My human calls me Cera," the cat meows back, less confrontational that before.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Juliette asks the soldier harshly, slightly annoyed that he still has it in him to fight. "I guess we'll have to purge your foul mouth from this world."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Run Down on Soldier 2
Attack: 6(1d20) +11 = 17 vs AC = Miss

Action point: Standard: Run Down on Soldier 2
Attack: 15(1d20) +11 = 26 vs AC = Hit
Damage: 8(1d10) +8(1d8) +5 = 21 heded
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [X]
Savage Cut [X]
Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Juliette's second strike ends the man's life, leaving the party alone in the alleyway, surrounded by the three corpses of the dead soldiers.

Short Rest
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa: Intimidates, fails, sustains.

Juliette: misses, uses AP, hits, kills.
Status
[SHOW]
22 Soldier 3 (D, 8) | HP: -77/?? | Dead
17 Juliette (C, 4) | HP: 21/33 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 0/1 | Berseker Fury, Savage Cut, Disrupting Advance, Life-Ending Strike
9 Geral (D, 9) | HP: 25/31 | THP: 5/5 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 0/1 | Flame Cyclone
8 Soldier 1 (C, 9) | HP: -78/?? | Dead
6 Soldier 2 (A, 2) | HP: -92/?? | [Dead
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"I'm Cleo," the girl replies, giving her best attempt at a smile as a cat. "I've never been around here before, my human just moved here and I'm looking around. Are there any really cool places you know of that I should check out?"
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks at the bodies and shakes his head, both in sadness that such foolishness was seen, and to try and shake the voice of his sword from his mind, his hand raising and bopping his ear once or twice as if he had something stuck in it.
Damned sword! I may have to trade it in for a new one soon... The sooner the better, perhaps.
"So. Shira'stasa. Now would you like to explain the commotion, or do I need to fight more guards first?"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Spend 1 healing surge to get back to full.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa dusts off her tome and lowers it, turning to the sellsword. "They dragged that priest out from the temple and beat him in the name of the Rakhul. You would do well to remember I am not one to stand by in sight of such cowardly and oppressive acts," she says, her tone harsh. "I'm beginning to see why this new 'Rakh' may very well be the answer to the empire's many problems."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain encounter powers.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 2

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [ ]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [ ] **
Shield [_] *
Arcane Mutterings [ ] *

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"All this new Rakh has done so far is create chaos with this war, it seems to me. That doesn't sound like a good quality for a leader," Juliette says at Shira's statement. I can't wait to return home, where I won't have to deal with these politics and this war.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain encounter powers & spend 1 healing surge to get to 29 HP
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Juliette LeMaire

Female Human Berserker 2

HP: 29/33
Surges left: 8/9

Powers:

Jarring Smash
Run Down
Savage Reach
Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura

Second Wind [_]
Disrupting Advance [_]
Savage Cut [_]
Shrug It Off [_]

Life-Ending Strike [X]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
"Really cool places?" Cera replies, thinking for a moment. "The roof on the building filled with books is good for sunning yourself on. And the beds are comfiest in the big rooms."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Hm, a library. Maybe it will show me where. "That roof sounds really nice, where is that?"
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Eoli frowns as he listens to Shira'stasa and Juliette talk. I knew that some are breaking away from the Rakhul, but... "He ordered his troops to move on his own people? I cannot tolerate such a leader. It's no better than what the slavers do." he says, anger evident on his face.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral taps at the side of his sword and tries his best to suppress a twitch in the fingers of his other hand, looking at the corpses around him after Shira'stasa speaks. He gives a small puff of disapointment at her words.
"Great, and my entire Blade is here defending the city. That's wonderful. Sorry Shira'stasa. I understand your predicament now. I was right to take a risk on you it seems. It sounds like the other nobles are about to start a war amongst themselves by the looks of things here. Likely going to see who can give up the city first... Which, unfortunately, means the equivalent of a sandstorm is coming."

He walks over to one of the dead guards and gives the man a small kick with the toe of his heel, rolling him onto his back before he starts investigating the corpse.
"Let's see if there's any documents... Oh, Shira'stasa, and uh... Juliette, was it? I've got a job offer for you. Consider it an opportunity to get out of the city for a while whilst my Blade does some cleaning up of the guards. Remember that bandit we brought with us? My Pommel has given me full command of the Blade, we're to take an expedition out to the bandit camp. Likely full of ex-blades, like the ones that killed Juliette's family and used that priest's house as a safehouse. I know you both might have things you want to do here, but I'd like to ask if the both of you would like to come along. They've likely got some interesting things hidden in there, and I'm willing to turn over any books they might have taken to the Tenants for safe keeping. You can bring Cleo along as well, show her something she won't find in a book or learning from a man speaking. It would be safer for her outside the city than in it, at the very least, when those siege weapons arrive. And with a stream of water into the city, the siege may last a while, if it's not been the site of a bloody battle between the mercenaries and the guards."

Once his search is done, he stands and turns to look at them both.
"So. How about it? I'd even be willing to pay for services rendered, if need be."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception Check to search bodies: 9(1d20) = 9
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa raises an eyebrow as Geral refers to various portions of swords, quickly realizing the hierarchy of the Malachite Blades. What a strange way of titles, she thinks to herself as she listens. "Your regiment is here protecting the city?" she asks, dodging his offer of employment. "Why? A group of sellswords like the Malachite Blades don't seem the type. Not unless the Rakhul is paying you handsomely," she ponders aloud. "To be honest, I would prefer that this new Rakh comes in and captures this city. At least he has a passion for this empire that our current emperor lacks."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral shrugs at her comment.
"Well. Yes and no? The Rakhul didn't hire us, the local nobles did. Likely fearing for their life, or wanting more power, who knows. Originally, we were working for the Rakh, but they beat out his offer. Just the way of things. We're mercenaries, we don't get the luxury of picking sides. Though, most of my company is stationed outside the city right now, almost the entire Blade, taking odd jobs on the side for some extra coin and to keep morale up. We're not much for waiting for a fight if you understand."

He looks at her a bit curiously.
Is she going to accept? Those powers of hers would make assaulting the bandit hideout all the easier, but at the same time...
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"You do pick sides," Shira'stasa replies. "Just the one that has the most coin, at least." The tenant glances back at Juliette for a moment before turning to face Geral again. "I'll accept your job offer, sellsword. If these bandits are in league with the ones who ambushed us days back, then I'd gladly take payment to exact their justice. Besides, I can't trust that the Great Library will still stand after all of this war. I need my options open."
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral smiles wide at that, glad to have her along at the very least.
"Great! It won't just be us, of course, some recruits and a few veterans. Like I said though, maybe the nobles will turn on the Rakhul by the end of this and, well, they pay the coin, we take the side. Do you want to bring Cleo with you, or anyone else you can think of? I'm in charge of the Chappe assigned this mission, so I can bring whoever I want to along."
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
"This way," Cera replies, before leading you down into the courtyard. You pass through a couple of corridors until you reach another small courtyard, this one is an easier enough climb for a cat and you are soon on the roof of one of the temple buildings. Cera leads you up and across a few more buildings before turning back to you. "Here we are."

The roof is quite large and surrounded by a low ornamental wall. The only access for a human appears to be the door to a minaret in a corner of the roof. The roof is one of the higher in the temple complex meaning there is very little to cast a shadow over it. It also provides a good view of the surrounding area.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Oh!" Shita'stasa says, having remembered her younger friend. "I entirely forgot about Tenant Cleo," she explains. Perhaps still at the temple the priest was drug out of. The woman looks to Geral. "Let's go and find her -- if there is vengeance involved, I'm sure she'd have in interest in your offer. Besides, we should really get moving unless we want more of the Rakhul's men to impale themselves upon us." She beckons for the others to follow her back to the temple.
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Yes, let's be quick to get out of here. I just hope these guards' superiors aren't quick to notice some missing men until we're out of the city," Juliette says, looking at the corpses. "But more to the point, I'll take the offer to. I can't just sit idly while those who have wronged me and my family are still a threat to the world." I'll bury those bastards.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral crosses his arms at Shira'stasa mentioning vengeance.
"For some reason, I keep thinking of tenants as above vengeance and grudges... Dunno, maybe it's the way you hold yourself. Now, Juliette, however, I sought you out for this particular task. I knew you would wish for your revenge still, and I would rather not deny you of it, especially if it aids me."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo marvels at the sight of the library, anxious to peruse its contents. "Thanks, friend!" She meows as excitedly as one can meow, turning her mouth into whatever is the equivalent of a smile for a cat. She rushes up to the top of the roof and looks out over the city curiously, wondering what sort of view can be seen from such a magnificently high vantage point. I think I will be spending a lot of time here.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"It's good to hear that you and Lady Juliette are willing to help deal with these bandits." Eoli says to Shira'stasa. "This little group seems to fight well together. Those lawless men won't know what hit them. But we should be getting along to finding Cleo and leaving the city before the guards come out in force." I do not wish to kill more than necessary.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
You can see much of the sprawling metropolis. The equally large temple to Sera-nua dominates your view in one direction while the golden towers of the Rakhul's palace glitter in the distance. You can see the sea and the huge number of ships passing through the city's harbour, carrying goods from all across Voreld. Curiously, looking closer to the temple complex, you spot what appears to be Shira'stasa, Juliette, Geral and Eoli in the streets down below.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Oh hey! It's them! I wonder what they are up to. Being nosy as ever, Cleo attempts to get a closer look at her friends, trying to spy what they are up to. I thought the men went off on their own, how they find us?
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Perception, to get a better view of the others and try to tell what they are doing: 19
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

The group soon reaches the square flanked by the two great temples to Sek-bas and Sera-nua, and heads up the steps of the former to search for Cleo.
Cleo
[SHOW]
You observe the others heading into the square in front of the temple before walking up the stairs into the temple to Sek-bas, seemingly deep in conversation the whole way.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing that her friends are coming to the temple, Cleo decides to see what they are up to. She takes her time to find the safest, fastest way down from the roof, before making her way - still in her cat form - to them to listen into their conversation. I wonder if they're here to see me, or someone else.