Amongst the Flames — IC

Postponed, upcoming, or otherwise inactive campaigns go here. Relive past glories, or help plan for future tales!
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Amongst the Flames IC

Post by Scratcherclaw »

"Nothing here you can see, but something's lurking in the dark. I heard it. I've got pretty good hearing," he says, gesturing to his pointed ears. "Anyways, try not to get too excited by the books or you could get yourself killed." Which wouldn't be the worst thing.... but it would be one less person to fight.

"So, where's that dwp orc? Doesn't want to help since he doesn't like me? Figures." Stupid orc. I hope he gets attacked by something while he's alone up there.
Elven Translation
[SHOW]
dwp = stupid
Namelessjake
Plane Wings Sharp Like Katana

Post by Namelessjake »

Cameryn hears more movement in the darkness, however nothing crosses any of the areas lit up by the light cast from his sunrod. He hears footsteps behind him and is quickly joined by Cleo, Geral and Shira'stasa.

Go: Cameryn, Cleo.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cameryn: Total Defense.
? ? ?: Moves.
Geral: Joins the encounter.
Cleo: Joins the encounter.
Shira'stasa: Joins the encounter.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Bookshelves: Bookshelves are impassable and block line of sight. When adjacent to a bookshelf, you can spend a standard action to remove the contents, which will prevent the shelf from blocking line of sight.

Pillars: Pillars block line of sight, however you can stand in a square that contains part of a pillar, you just cannot move diagonally through it.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Unknown:
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (O, 16) | HP: 26/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
24 Cleo (N, 17) | HP: 24/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
? ? ?
14 Geral (O, 19) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Shira'stasa (N, 18) | HP: 23/23 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Hearing the noise again, Cameryn begins walking around the room hoping to catch of glimpse of whatever creature is skittering around. Getting frustrated, he throws the sunrod over a bookshelf yet it still reveals nothing, and he now stands surrounded by darkness save for a narrow stream of light. Not wanting to get caught off-guard, he prepares for any sort of attack that may be coming.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to I9

Minor: Throw sunrod to F1

Standard: Total Defense
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1
Languages: Elven, Serran
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs.

Speed: 7
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 23
Passive Insight: 14
Senses: Low-light vision

AC: 19
Fort: 12
Ref: 15
Will: 15
HP: 26/26
Bloodied: 13
Surge Value: 6
Surges left: 8/8
Action points: 1

Resistances: None
Vulnerabilities: None
Saves: None

Active Effects: None

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

* Can only use one per encounter
** Regain at end of encounter or if target drops to 0 HP

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a heavy blade. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.

Censure of Unity: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target for each ally adjacent to that target. The bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Sense Threat: When you roll initiative, you can make a Perception check and use its result for your initiative check. When you do so, allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative than yours gain a +2 racial bonus to their initiative.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you can make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.

Armor of Faith: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and aren't using a shield, you gain a bonus +3 to AC.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to your creature origin.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth or no armor.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Hey, wait!" Cleo calls, as Cameryn move further into the room, only to throw their only real light source off into a far flung portion. Now barely able to see anything, she begins inching her way along the wall towards where he threw their lights source. Seeing an opportunity to sneak up on whatever is lurking, and possible avoid a dangerous situation, Cleo decides to take her cat form.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Two Move Actions: Double-move to (N, 3), assuming nothing gets in my way.

Minor Action: Nature's Mask to become a cat
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1
Languages: Serran, Imardanian
Height: 4' 11"
Weight: 106 lbs.

Climb Speed (as a cat): 7
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 10
Passive Insight: 10
Senses: Low-light Vision

Reflex: 16
Will: 14
HP: 24/24
Bloodied: 12
Action Points: 1

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:
+2 vs immobilize, restrain, or slow

Active Effects:
+2 to checks to escape grab
+5 to bluff vs insight to discover I am not human

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Beast Nature: I am considered both a magical beast and a humanoid.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Fey Origin: I am considered Fey.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Shapechanger: I am considered a shapechanger.

Ki Focus Expertise: +1 to damage with ki focus vs bloodied targets.

Unarmored Agility: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo sees a shadow cast by the light pouring out from behind the bookshelf, where Cameryn threw the sunrod, as the mystery noise is heard once more. Suddenly Cleo sees a large swarm of scarab beetles, racing across the floor, towards her and the darkness. They disappear into the darkness in front of Cleo and she feels mandibles brush against her fur, although they fail to actually harm her.

Go: Geral, Shira'stasa.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cameryn:Moves, Throws, Total Defense.
Cleo: Turns into cat, Double moves.
Scarab Swarm 1: Moves to (M, 3), Attacks Cleo, Misses.
? ? ?: Moves.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]
Bookshelves: Bookshelves are impassable and block line of sight. When adjacent to a bookshelf, you can spend a standard action to remove the contents, which will prevent the shelf from blocking line of sight.

Pillars: Pillars block line of sight, however you can stand in a square that contains part of a pillar, you just cannot move diagonally through it.
Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Scarab Swarm: A large swarm of scarab beetles. Alone it would be simple to step on and crush one but through sheer numbers this swarm poses a very real threat.
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (I, 9) | HP: 26/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
24 Cleo (N, 4) | HP: 24/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Is a cat
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (M, 3) | HP: ??/?? |
? ? ?
14 Geral (O, 19) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Sensing danger and annoyed by the lack of light, Shira'stasa cracks her tome open, calling forth her massive risen hand apparition. With a wave of her hand, it is consumed by spectral flame, illuminating the nearby area. "Hmph," she sighs, frustrated at unknowing what danger lies in the darkness of the room.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor: Mage Hand in H18.

Move->Minor: Light on Mage Hand in H18. Lights up radius 4 from H18.

Standard: Move Mage Hand to H22.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1
Languages: Serran, Tulrissian, Imardanian, Kurnish
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs.

Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13
Passive Insight: 18
Senses: Normal

AC: 15
Fort: 11
HP: 23/23
Bloodied: 11
Surge Value: 5
Surges left: 7/7

Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

* Only one may be readied at beginning of day

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
kalis5
Hm...
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by kalis5 »

As Geral prepares for combat, he immediate swears at the top of his lungs. He watches, almost in slow motion as his sunrod flies up and out of Cameryn's hand, disappearing on the other side of a bookcase, shrouding the people that have made it down so far in total darkness. He swears as he fumbles for a second sunrod, cracking it and illuminating the area around him quickly. This might benefit some, but there's the larger majority of the party to deal with. In the light he glares at Cameryn and grips his sword tight.
"Cameryn. I have hope for you. But then you go and pull something like that and I immediately doubt what I thought you had there. Next time you want to throw something, think about what's between you and where it's going to land. And think about whose things your throwing as well. Next time, I'm going to leave you down here when you go charging off on your own."

He's used to giving those words out. If a member of his blade doesn't listen and acts recklessly and endangers the rest of the party, he is considered a risk, a crack in the blade for an enemy to exploit. And he is tempered immediately.

As Geral walks forward he spots the cat before him and immediately is confused. The scarabs he can understand, they burrow and most likely use this location as a nest given the naturally spacious and solid design of the temple and protection from the sun. But how did a cat get down here? And how has it survived for so long?

"There's a cat over here. A cat. And it's being attacked by the scara- Hey, leave that cat alone!"
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Draw sunrod, illumination 20 squares.
Double move to N7
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

Male Genasi Swordmage Level 1
Languages: Serran, Kurnish
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 160 lbs

Initiative: 0
Passive Insight: 15
Senses: Normal Vision

AC: 20 - 2 from lack of free hand = 18
Fort: 13
Ref: 16
Will: 12
HP:31/31
Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 7
Surges: 11/11
AP: 1

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
AC reduced by 2 due to holding sunrod.

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [ ]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Conditions: None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Genasi Firesoul: +1 Reflexes, Resist 5 Fire, and Firepulse.

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.
Last edited by kalis5 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

PureZaros
The Enigma
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by PureZaros »

"Well, not much use staying up here all by myself," Eoli grumbles to himself. "Might as well go make sure they don't kill themselves."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Eoli goes down the right staircase. Or whatever one Shira went down.
Initiative: 7(1d20) +6 = 13
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Male Deva Animist Shaman 1
Languages: Serran, Kurnish, Elven, Dwarven
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 250 lbs.

Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 19

AC: 16
Reflex: 14
HP: 25/25

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:
+1 to all defenses against bloodied enemies

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[_] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

[_] Spirit of the Healing Flood

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.
Immortal Origin: Your spirit is native to the Astral Sea, so you are considered an immortal creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonues to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Last edited by PureZaros on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa: Summons Mage hand, lights Mage Hand, moves Mage Hand.
Geral: Draws sunrod, double move.
Eoli: Joins the encounter.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Scarab Swarm: A large swarm of scarab beetles. Alone it would be simple to step on and crush one but through sheer numbers this swarm poses a very real threat.
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (I, 9) | HP: 26/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
24 Cleo (N, 4) | HP: 24/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Is a cat
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (M, 3) | HP: ??/?? |
? ? ?
14 Geral (N, 7) | HP: 31/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Eoli (O, 16) | HP: 25/25 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo is caught off guard by both the beetle attack and the sudden burst of light from Geral's sunrod. Not sure what to do about her cat form, she rushes past the bugs and behind the bookshelf where she saw Cameryn throw the other sunrod, and quickly reverts to her normal human form.

"Whoa! A cat just ran past me!" she blurts out, as soon as she is able to speak again. "Also, I found the sunrod you so carelessly tossed back here," she says to Cameryn. Hopefully that will be enough to avoid suspicion.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Move to (H, 1)

Minor Action: Nature's Mask to turn back into a person

Minor Action: Pick up sunrod
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Mental Crucible: I gain resist 5 fire (or +2 if I already have resist fire of 5+)

Unarmed Combatant: unarmed attack has +3 proficiency, 1d8 damage, unarmed group, can be affected by ki foci. Must have a free hand to use it.

Unarmored Defense: +2 to AC when in cloth armor or no armor and not using a shield.

Full Discipline: Can only use one full discipline power per round, but can use it as many times as the power would allow (at-will's any number of times in a round, encounters once per round, etc.) Can use full discipline techniques in whatever order I like, and if I spend an action point I can choose a different full discipline power.

Elusive: +2 racial bonus to checks made to escape grabs and to saving throws against effects that immobilize, restrain, or slow me.

Language of Beasts: I can speak to and understand natural and fey felines in my hybrid or animal form, and understand but not speak to them in human form.

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn blinks several times, his eyes adjusting to the sudden burst of bright light from Geral's sunrod. He grumbles at the obnoxious mercenary's rambling, finally saying, "Hey, how about you shut up. You talk too much." He moves towards where he had heard now and now sees a large swarm of scarab beetles. Hearing Cleo's shouts, he thinks, So I guess that's what was skittering around. A cat and some scarabs. Whatever. Walking to the pile of beetles, he smashes the swarm with his sword, though only manages to kill a small cluster of the insects.
Mehcanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to L4

Minor: Oath of Enmity on Scarab Swarm 1

Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Scarab Swarm 1
Attack: 18(1d20) +8 = 26; 5(1d20) +8 = 13 = HIT
Damage: 4(1d10) +4 = 8
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 26/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Heavy Blade Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls that you make with a heavy blade. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level. In addition, while wielding a heavy blade, you gain a +2 bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.

Censure of Unity: You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target for each ally adjacent to that target. The bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

Sense Threat: When you roll initiative, you can make a Perception check and use its result for your initiative check. When you do so, allies within 10 squares of you who have a lower initiative than yours gain a +2 racial bonus to their initiative.

Wood Elf Reactive Stealth: If you have any cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you can make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.

Armor of Faith: While you are wearing cloth armor or no armor and aren't using a shield, you gain a bonus +3 to AC.

Fey Origin: You are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to your creature origin.

Unarmored Agility: You gain a +2 feat bonus to AC while wearing either cloth or no armor.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cameryn's blade strikes the swarm, however it mostly seems to just pass through the swarming insects, only killing a handful of the creatures. A tiny fraction compared to the mass, which now on closer inspection must contain hundreds of insects. With Cameryn now close, the insects close in on him, quite a lot manage to sink their mandibles into him before he can brush them all off. Meanwhile more movement can be heard coming from the darkness on the other side of the room.

Go: Geral, Eoli, Shira'stasa.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: Moves, transforms back into human, picks up sunrod.
Cameryn: moves, hits.
Scarab Swarm 1: Resists half damage from melee attack, attacks Cameryn, hits for 6 damage.
? ? ?: moves.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (L, 4) | HP: 20/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
24 Cleo (H,1) | HP: 24/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (M, 3) | HP: -4/?? |
? ? ?
13 Eoli (O, 16) | HP: 25/25 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Hearing skittering noises coming from the corner of the room, Shira'stasa edges forward, making her spectral flame reappear in front of her, between the bookcases. She is startled by the revealing of a terrible swarm of insects. However, with deft reactions, she fires off a skull visage at the swarm, pelting them with arcane force and causing them to scatter, fleeing toward the fringes of the chamber.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Mage Hand in H16.

Minor: Light on C21. Lights up radius 4 from C21.

Standard: Beguilding Strands with the lower left corner starting in G17, hitting Bug 2, 19 Will, for 15 psychic damage, pushing the swarm to B21.
Attack: 1d20+6=19
Attack on Unseen squares: 1d20+6=9
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]
Tome Expertise: You gain a +1 feat bonus to implement attack rolls with a tome. Enemies adjacent to your conjurations/summoned creatures grant CA. Enemies immune to fear are immune to this effect.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral wonders if Cameryn intends to put himself in danger every five seconds. He shakes his head as he moves up, channeling pure kinetic fury into his sword and letting it explode as he gets close to Cameryn, but the force dissipates almost instantly as he can't bring as much energy into the attack, his other hand taken by the sunrod. At most it blows Cameryns hair about.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Sword Burst on Scarabs: 1(1d20) +5 = 6
Nope.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

AC: 20 -2 from not having free hand = 18

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:
-2 due to holding sunrod

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [ ]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Important Features
[SHOW]

Swordbond: By spending 1 hour with any light or heavy blade, the blade becomes swordbonded. As a standard action, the blade can be called from 10 squares away. If the bonded weapon is broken, the blade can be reforged with an hour of meditation.

Swordmage Warding: +1 AC or +3 AC when wielding a blade one handed and the other hand is free.

Heavy Blade Expertise: +1 to attack rolls with Heavy Blade. +2 to defenses against OAs.

Rose King's Shield: +2 to Endurance. While using a longsword, once per turn melee attacks grant +5 temporary HP. This is improved to +10 if more than 2 squares are moved before the end of your turn.
PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Seeing that Shira'stasa is currently by herself, far from the others, Eoli moves towards her. At the back of the room, he spots a swirling morass of scarabs. He calls forth his little wisp companion, who promptly coats itself in what appears to be shards of old sandstone and debris.

The now golem-esque wisp positions itself right near the swarm, as Eoli channels up the power of old faults in the earth below, setting the area around the swarm on fire for a short time and throwing the scarabs around.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move: Eoli to [K, 22]

Minor: Call Spirit Companion to [B, 22]

Standard: Vezzuvu's Eruption centered on Swarm 2
Attack: 25 vs Fortitude... Crit!
Damage: 10 thunder damage + 10 damage due to area vulnerablilty
20 total damage
Swarm 2 apparently falls prone, but I doubt that works.

Ready Opportunity Action: Spirit's Wrath
When an enemy leaves a square adjacent to SC without shifting, make attack vs Reflex. If hit, 1d6+4 damage and target grants CA until EoNT.
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[X] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:
Occupies one square. Enemies can't move through it, but allies can. When you take a move action, you can also move the spirit a number of squares equal to your speed. Spirit Companions cannot be OA'd as they are conjurations, not creatures.
The spirit can be targeted by melee or ranged attacks. If a single melee or ranged attack (Area attacks are ineffective.) deals damage equal to 10 + half of your level or higher, the spirit disappears and you take damage equal to 5 + half of your level. Otherwise, the spirit is unaffected by the attack.
The spirit companion shares most of your stats, as well as any effects that affect movement, sight, or actions.

Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by a bloodied creature.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic and radiant damage equal to 5 + half of your level.
Totem Expertise: +1 feat bonues to implement attack rolls made with a totem and you ignore partial cover and partial concealment on implement attacks made with a totem.
Battle Intuition: You can use your Wisdom modifier instead of Dexterity to determine Initiative. Also, you gain a +2 feat bonus to initiative.
Last edited by PureZaros on Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira'stasa and Eoli take out sizeable chucks of the second swarm, however Geral fails to even initiate his attack. With Cameryn still in range, the beetles attack him again before he has a chance to respond.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa: moves Mage hand, casts light on C21, hits, pushes.
Geral: misses.
Eoli: moves, calls SC, hits.
Scarab Swarm 1: Free attack against Cameryn, hits for 9 damage, bloodies.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (L, 4) | HP: 11/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
24 Cleo (H,1) | HP: 24/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (M, 3) | HP: -4/?? |
20 Scarab Swarm 2 (B, 21) | HP: -35/?? |
13 Eoli (K, 22) | HP: 25/25 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Now content that her secret is safe, Cleo rejoins the fight and rushes towards the swarm of bugs assault Cameryn. "Always getting hurt, hm?" she says, half playfully and half mockingly, as she unleashes a searing kick that knocks many of the bugs against the nearby pillar and causes a few more to burn up on contact with her leg. Afterwards, she leaps back to keep her distance, not wanting to have bugs crawling all over her like the elf.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Sarifal's Blessing
Effect: I activate an Aura 2, in which allies gain resist 5 fire and enemies gain vulnerable 5 fire (vs my attacks).

Move Action: Move to (L, 2)

Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Scarab Swarm 1: 24 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 13 damage, +10 from vulnerability to area attacks, for a total of 24 damage.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Effect: Scarab Swarm 1 takes 5 fire damage, divided by 2 due to melee resistance = 2 damage, +5 from fire vulnerability (from my aura) = 7 total damage. I shift to (L, 1).
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:
Aura 2, in which allies gain resist 5 fire and enemies gain vulnerable 5 fire (vs my attacks).

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn winces in pain as the ravenous insects tear into his flesh with their mandibles. Gathering strength, and with Et-namn watching over him (unknowingly to him, of course), he attempts a mighty swing on the scarabs. Unfortunately, the beetles manage to avoid the strike of the sword. FYYC! Not wanting to be torn apart by the pesky insects again, Cameryn moves back to take a breather.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Raging Tempest on Scarabs 1
Attack: 1(1d20) +8 = 9; 5(1d20) +8 = 13 Well you suck, roller.

No Action: Nature for info on scarabs: 4(1d20) +6 = 10

Move: Shift to L5
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 11/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the size of the swarms slowly decreasing, they make for Cleo and Shira'stasa. Eoli's Spirit Companion hits one, but this doesn't deter it and both Cleo and Shira'stasa are bitten by multiple bugs. The bugs continue to attack, Shira'stasa manages to shake them off in time but Cleo gets bitten even more.

Go: Everyone.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: Moves, hits, hits, shifts.
Cameryn: misses, fails nature check, shifts.
Scarab Swarm 1: Moves to (L, 2), hits for 7 damage.Scarab Swarm 2: Moves to (F, 17), hit by SC for 6 damage, hits Shira'stasa for 7 damage.

Start of next turn
Scarab Swarm 1: Free attack against Cleo, hits for 6 damage, bloodies.
Scarab Swarm 2: Free attack against Shira'stasa, misses.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (L, 5) | HP: 11/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
24 Cleo (L,1) | HP: 11/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (L, 2) | HP: -35/?? |
20 Scarab Swarm 2 (F, 17) | HP: -41/?? | Granting CA to all
13 Eoli (K, 22) | HP: 25/25 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Shira'stasa (N, 18) | HP: 16/23 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 |
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

The tenant cries out as the scarab creatures sink their tiny mandibles into her unarmored legs. She jumps back from the awful swarm, waving her candle gracefully, causing her undead hand to reappear and stand between them. It curls its fist into a ball and feints a hammer blow, causing the swarm to scatter once again as Shira'stasa blasts them with a burning spectral skull.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Shift to H16.

Minor: Mage Hand re-casted to G16, forcing Scarab Swarm 2 to grant CA.

Standard: Beguilding Strands with the lower left corner starting in G17, targeting Scarab Swarm 2. Hits Will 18 for 5+10 psychic damage, pushing it to C20.
Attack: 1d20+8=18
Attack on Unseen Squares: 1d20+8=21
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

HP: 16/23

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

"Ugh!" Cleo cries out, as she is bitten by many bugs at once. "Leave me alone!" She spins around, sending many flying against the walls, though most simply fall to the ground unharmed.

Free from the pests, she rushes towards Geral and stands so he is closer to the swarm than she. "Hey, Orc guy? A little help, please?" she calls out, recognizing his healing abilities would be useful at the moment.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard Action: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Scarab Swarm 1: 22 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 11 damage, plus 10 more from area attack vulnerability, for a grand total of 21 damage. Scarab Swarm 1 is bloodied.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows on Scarab Swarm 1
Effect: Scarab Swarm 1 takes 5 fire damage, divided by 2 due to melee resistance = 2 damage, plus 5 more damage from fire vulnerability (from my aura) for a grand total of 7 damage. I shift to (M, 0)

Move Action: Move to (O, 7), avoiding OAs
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 11/24

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sighs as he drops his last sunrod. He better get compensated for these later... He reaches out, invisibly focusing on the swarm as he moves to take the swarm head on. He builds force once more and lets it explode outward, but as before the blast goes nowhere. He curses and sighs. The skittering must be getting to him. At least they'll be focused on him for now.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Free Action Drop Sunrod
Minor to Mark Scarab Swarm 1 with Aegis of Assault.
Move to M1 putting the swarm in melee range.
Sword Burst on Swarm 1, please work...: 1(1d20) +5 = 6
Nope.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

AC: 20

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [ ]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Important Features
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Hearing Cleo's call, Eoli moves back toward the middle area of the room. "I can't do anything with you so far away!" He yells to the young tenant, before realizing that it would be far easier for him to keep everyone alive if they were to come closer. "In fact, it might be best if we all stick together in here!"

Commanding his rocky companion around to the front of the scarab swarm intent of chewing Shira'stasa, he has the golem flail it's arms into the mass of insects, unfortunately to no effect. What are these things? Obviously bugs, but... Why do they act this way?
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Move:
Eoli moves to [L, 16]
SC moves to [D, 19]

Standard Action: Stalker's Strike on Swarm 2
Attack: 13 vs Fortitude...
No Action: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to add 2 to my attack roll.
Total of 15 vs Fortitude...
Dammit, roller. Miss.

No Action: Nature check for info on the scarab swarms: 20
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[X] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[X] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Seeing Cleo keep her distance from the scarabs, Cameryn follows suit, allowing Geral to have his chance of getting ripped apart by the beetles. Now a safer distance from the swarm, Cameryn takes the opportunity to bandage himself up, having been bitten by the harsh mandibles of the scarabs far too many times.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to K8

Standard: Second Wind
Regain +6 hp, unbloodied, +2 to all defenses until start of my next turn
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 17/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [X]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

As the swarms are reduced in size even more, the creatures continue to attack, this time setting their sights on Shira'stasa and Geral. Both of them feel the bites of the insects, Shira'stasa getting it worse than Geral.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa: Shifts, casts Magehand, hits, bloodied.
Cleo: hits, bloodies, hits, shifts, moves.
Geral: drops sunrod, marks, moves, misses.
Eoli: moves, misses, misses.
Nature Check: Scarab beetles tend to only swarm like this when they have gone a long time without food, as a result swarms of the creatures tend to be found deep in ruins where they will rarely come across food.
Powers:
Swarm of Mandibles: +10 vs. Reflex; 1d6+5 damage
Swarm Attack: aura 1; the swarm makes a basic attack as a free action against each enemy that begins it's turn in the aura.
Cameryn: moves, heals.
Scarab Swarm 1: Attacks Geral, hits for 6 damage.Scarab Swarm 2: Moves to (H, 17), SC hits for 6 damage, hits Shira'stasa for 10 damage, Shira'stasa is bloodied.

Start of next turn
Scarab Swarm 1: Free attack against Gera, misses.
Scarab Swarm 2: Free attack against Shira'stasa, hits for 5 damage.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (K, 8) | HP: 17/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
24 Cleo (O, 7) | HP: 11/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (L, 2) | HP: -63/?? | Bloodied
20 Scarab Swarm 2 (G, 17) | HP: -62/?? | Bloodied Granting CA to all.
14 Geral (M, 1) | HP: 25/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
13 Eoli (L, 16) | HP: 25/25 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Shira'stasa (H, 16) | HP: 1/23 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Seeing that the bugs appear to have all of their attention focused on Geral, Cleo rushes back up and crushes more against the pillar, before leaping back to a safe distance again.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Move to (K, 3), flanking the bugs.

Standard Action: Five Storms
Attack vs Scarab Swarm 1: 21 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 12 damage, plus 10 more from area vulnerability, for a grand total of 22 damage.

No Action: Desert Wind Flurry of Blows vs Scarab Swarm 1
Effect: Scarab Swarm 1 takes 5 fire damage, divided in half due to melee resistance for a grand total of 2 fire damage. I shift to (K, 4)
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 11/24

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

"Keep your distance from the swarms, everyone!" Eoli yells. "Does anyone have something edible to throw at them? These things are probably really hungry."

As he communicates this, he mentally dismisses the wisp controlling the golem, letting the stony construct crumble to dust. Turning to Cleo, he calls it back out, where the wisp quickly forms its rocky body between the scarab swarm and the tenant. Satisfied that his golem is solidly placed, Eoli turns to see Shira'stasa nearly overwhelmed by the scarab swarm bearing down on her. "Hold steady, Tenant!" he cries, sending a bolt of energy at her, which seems to knock off a few bugs as the wounds below them stop bleeding.

The golem seems to resonate with Eoli for a moment, and a small amount of energy flows from around it to Cleo, closing up a few of her wounds as well.
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Minor Action: Dismiss SC

Move Action -> Minor Action:
Call Spirit Companion to [L, 3]

Standard: Healing Spirit on Shira
Shira spends a healing surge, regaining 5 HP.
Cleo, due to being adjacent to my SC, gets the secondary benefit and regains 2 HP

Ready Opportunity Action: Spirit's Wrath
When an enemy leaves a square adjacent to SC without shifting, make attack vs Reflex. If hit, 1d6+4 damage and target grants CA until EoNT.

Remember, I have +1 to all defenses against bloodied creatures.
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[X] [_] Healing Spirit
[X] Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[X] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

In tremendous pain from her bloody wounds of being bitten several times, Shira'stasa's mind panics and she uses what is left of her mental capacity to call forth great power from Am-ines. I do not die in this place, she tells herself, while she launches forward spectral flame at the swarm, causing it to once again retreat from her.

Adrenaline surging, she ignores the seeping wounds and charges away from the area, to the protection of her comrades. Focusing now on the river of scarabs separating Geral from the others, a snap of her fingers and her awful undead hand apparition is suddenly there, bearing down on the swarm. I feel woozy, she thinks, on the verge of passing out from the shock.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Standard: Beguiling Strands on Swarm 2.
Attack: 1d20+8=15

No Action: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes because fuck that noise: 1d6=6

Hits Will 21. Swarm 2 takes 5+10 psychic damage and is pushed to D20 (or D18 if D20 is not a legal push).

Move: Run to L8.

Minor: Cast Mage Hand in L3, forcing Swarm 1 to grant CA.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

HP: 6/23
Surges left: 6/7

Active Effects:

Bloodied.
Granting CA TSNT.
-5 to attack rolls TSNT.

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Seeing that the mercenary is having a hard time actually hitting the scarab swarm, Cameryn steps in. He swings mightily on the scarabs, but they move around the greatsword in the nick of time. Not ready to give up quite yet, Cameryn again tries to land a blow to squash the scarabs. This time is a lot more successful, killing a few scarabs while the rest disperse and scatter. Finally...
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move: Walk to M3

Standard: Overwhelming Strike on Scarabs 1
Attack: 1(1d20) +8 = 9; 9(1d20) +8 = 17 vs AC = MISS >:( Forgot CA +2 in rolls, but still misses

ACTION POINT

Standard: Overwhelming Strike again... Same target
Attack: 5(1d20) +8 = 13; 15(1d20) +8 = 23 vs AC = Hit even though I forgot the CA +2
Damage: 8(1d10) +4 = 12, but half damage from melee attack, so 6 -> Kill Swarm 1
Shift to M4
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 17/26

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [X]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [X]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral rushes forward as the scarabs in front of him vanish, running forward to attempt to reach the others before anyone else gets hurt too badly.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Double Move to I13
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Geral

AC: 20
HP:21/31

Resistances:
Resist Fire 5

Vulnerabilities:
NONE

Saving throws:
I WISH

Active Effects:

Powers:
Sword Burst
Booming Blade
Guardian's Counter [ ]
Flame Cyclone [ ]
Vanishing Blade [ ]

Other Abilities:

Aegis of Assault
Second Wind [ ]
Firepulse [ ]

Important Features
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cameryn's blade slices through a few more of the bugs, sending the rest of the first swarm running in every direction, clearly no longer strong enough to keep the bugs together. The other swarm rushes towards Geral who manages to dodge its initial attack, but is eventually bitten.

Mechanics
[SHOW]
Cleo: moves, hits, hits, shifts.
Eoli: summons, heals.
Shira'stasa: Hits, pushes, runs, summons.
Cameryn: moves, misses, uses AP, hits, kills, shifts.
Geral: double moves.
Scarab Swarm 1: Dies
Scarab Swarm 2: Moves to (I, 14), misses Geral.
Map
[SHOW]
Map Info
[SHOW]

Enemy Info
[SHOW]
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (M, 4) | HP: 17/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 |
24 Cleo (K, 4) | HP: 13/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 1/1 |
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (L, 2) | HP: -93/?? | dead
20 Scarab Swarm 2 (I, 14) | HP: -77/?? | Bloodied
14 Geral (I, 13) | HP: 25/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Shira'stasa (L, 8) | HP: 6/23 | Surges: 6/7 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

With the first swarm of bugs dispersed, Cleo rushes towards the middle of the room to find the other. As she passes a pillar she sees it, and an opportunity. Circling past another pillar, she comes up on it from the opposite side from Geral. She once does a sweeping kick, which sends a larger quantity of bugs into the nearby pillar in a pile of mush, and the rest skitter away to safety. Whew. "Well those were some persistent little things."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Move Action: Move to (K, 11)

Move Action: Move to (I, 15)

Action Point: Five Storms Attack Technique
Attack vs Scarab Swarm 2: 23 vs Reflex = hit
Hit: 14 damage, plus 10 more from area vulnerability, for a grand total of 24 damage. Scarab Swarm 2 dies.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

HP: 13/24
Action Points: 0

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [X]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

With the swarms reduced and scattered, the party has a chance to catch their breath and explore the room they've found themselves in. Now able to simple step on any of the remaining bugs that they come across.

Short Rest
Status
[SHOW]
24 Cameryn (M, 4) | HP: 17/26 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 |
24 Cleo (I, 15) | HP: 13/24 | Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0/1 |
20 Scarab Swarm 1 (L, 2) | HP: -93/?? | dead
20 Scarab Swarm 2 (I, 14) | HP: -101/?? | dead
14 Geral (I, 13) | HP: 25/31 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1/1 |
11 Shira'stasa (L, 8) | HP: 6/23 | Surges: 6/7 | AP: 1/1 | Bloodied
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

With the battle over, Cleo takes a moment to catch her breath before walking around, looking over the bookshelves to see what kinda of tomes are stuffed away in such an ancient place.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain all encounter powers, spend 2 surges to get back to full HP.

Check the various bookshelves for anything interesting, particularly stuff that could reveal what the purpose of the temple is.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Tn. Cleo

Female Hengeyokai Monk 1

Surges left: 6/8
Action Points: 0

Resistances:
5 Fire

Saves:

Active Effects:

Powers:

Nature's Mask
Blistering Flourish
Five Storms

Second Wind [_]
Sarifal's Blessing [_]
Light the Fire [_]

Masterful Spiral [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo
[SHOW]
As you start to look through the books on the shelves, you notice they haven't been arranged in anyway, mostly just tossed onto the shelf. After opening a few you see that the pages appear to have been ripped from every book, just leaving the leather covers and small bits of ancient paper inside. You turn your attention to the covers of the books, most are plain and nothing stands out, however one catches your eye. It bears a symbol you have never seen before, a large twisted vortex of black and dark red. Perhaps whoever ripped out the pages, missed one of the books.
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

As book after book seems to be missing all of its pages, Cleo's frustrations grows greater and greater. Moments ago she was ecstatic at the idea of searching this library, and all of that searching leads to nothing? "What kind of HEATHEN rips the pages out of an entire room full of books? This is just wrong!" she exclaims, visibly annoyed.

However, as she exclaims she comes across the oddly-marked book, which seems to have its pages still in tact. "Oh! This one seems fine. Kinda weird that there is only one. I wonder what's special about this one..." she trails off, as she gazes wide-eyed at the book's cover.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Arcana, to sense magic: 4 lol

Two rolls, both intended to see if Cleo can remember any lore from her studies that makes reference to anything similar to, or specifically about, the symbol in question:
Religion: 20
History: 13
Scratcherclaw
YUO ARE SMART

Post by Scratcherclaw »

Cameryn breathes a sigh of relief as both swarms are finally reduced enough where they're no longer a threat. He quickly bandages up his wounds before taking a seat against a column, paying no attention to Cleo and her finds.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Regain all encounter powers & spend one healing surge to get to 23 hp
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Cameryn

Male Elf Avenger 1

HP: 23/26
Surges left: 7/8
Action points: 0

Powers:

Leading Strike
Overwhelming Strike

Second Wind [_]
Hidden Strike [_]
Raging Tempest [_]

Abjure Undead [_] *
Divine Guidance [_] *
Oath of Enmity [_] **

Thunder and Echo [_]

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

PureZaros
The Enigma

Post by PureZaros »

Eoli stands still for a moment, releasing the pent up breath he had unconsciously been holding. That could have ended very badly, he thinks, looking over to Shira'stasa.

Hearing Cleo react to the state of the books in the room, and then to her find, he walks over to take a look. Peering over the tenant's shoulder, he notes the symbol on the cover, also wondering why it seems to be the only untouched book. "Quite the find, Cleo. I'd not attempt to open it just yet, though."
MECHANICS
[SHOW]
Short Rest: Eoli regains all encounter powers.

Arcana to sense magic on the book: 11 Seems Wal and I are in the same boat here.

Two checks to see if Eoli recognizes the symbol from something he has seen during his wandering.
History check: 12
Religion Check: 24
COMBAT BLOCK
[SHOW]
Eoli An'Audun

Resistances:
5 necrotic
5 radiant

Active Effects:

Powers:

Spirit's Wrath
Spirit Infusion
Stalker's Strike
Call Spirit Companion

[_] Second Wind
[_] [_] Healing Spirit
[_] Speak With Spirits
[_] Scorching Sands
[_] Vezzuvu's Eruption

Consumables:

None
Important Features:
[SHOW]
Spirit Companion:

Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Cleo and Eoli
[SHOW]
Neither of you manage to sense anything magical about the book. Also, what is seemingly becoming a trend in this place, neither of you can remember ever coming across anything similar before.
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral sheathes his sword with a sigh. That fight certainly should have gone better. Had they clustered together they may have been able to handle the threats of the bugs. He walks over and picks up his sunrod all the same, not wanting to leave it lying around in the bottom of a temple like that.
He walks over to where Cleo has picked up the book and thinks for a moment, wondering if he can sense anything the other two can't.
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Arcana to sense magic from book: 3(1d20) +12 = 15
Spend one surge for the short rest to bring HP up to 28, 3 from top.
Last edited by kalis5 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Geral
[SHOW]
As far as you can tell, the book seems to be completely normal.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Shira'stasa kneels, her breath labored and her uncovered legs oozing from several mandible wounds. Controlling her breathing, she manages to clean off the blood as best she can, wrapping them lightly with a bit of torn under-robing. Her mood is darkened upon hearing Cleo's discovery of the vandalism. "Only fools would do such a heinous thing as this... expunging knowledge. Fools or perhaps those who are scared of what these books contained. We've already seen how the divine symbol had been scratched out on every single tapestry or engraving." She thinks for a moment. "This must be in the same vein."

Worried, she thinks to herself: What could possibly frighten somebody enough to do such a thing as this? I am a bit scared to know myself. She steps over to Cleo, interested in seeing what the only unscathed book contains. "Careful now, Cleo," she warns. "There's no telling what you'll find."
Mechanics
[SHOW]
Pop three surges to full-heal, recharging encounter powers.
Combat Block
[SHOW]
Shira'stasa Mavruna

Female Deva Wizard 1

Surges left: 3/7

Active Effects:

Bloodied.
Granting CA TSNT.
-5 to attack rolls TSNT.

Powers:

Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Winged Horde

Second Wind [_]
Use Vulnerability [_]
Suggestion [_]
Grasping Shadows [_]

Flaming Sphere [_]*
Phantom Chasm [_]*

Consumables:

None
Important Features
[SHOW]

kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral thinks for a few moments, thinking of what they know so far... Maybe there's another reason.
"Say. There's a lot of the Golden Spears on the upper floor right? What if they were here to take the information before it could fall into the wrong hands? I mean, the temple mentions something else besides our gods. What if that something is dangerous if known? Perhaps they were here to destroy any evidence of it. That would explain why everything has been defaced. Especially when it references whatever this other thing is."
Fialova
Magical Liopleurodon

Post by Fialova »

Cleo's lack of knowledge of anything relating to the book, and the fact that it appears to be the sole survivors of someone's anti-literate wrath, makes the normally-fearless girl quite concerned with the object she now holds in her hands. "Hm, care to take a closer look?" she says, nonchalantly passing the book off to Geral. "I can't really tell anything about it, but you seem to know more about this place than me." Maybe he will open it and I won't have to. Better something bad happen to him than me...
kalis5
Hm...

Post by kalis5 »

Geral looks the book over, flipping it back and forth in his hands as he examines the object. He already checked it for magic before she handed it to him, and yet... Something is off. The design. The vortex on it, which looks like blood. He wonders if this book wasn't left for a reason.
"Yeah, I'm not opening this one..."
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

Impatiently, Shira'stasa takes the codex from Geral. "Stop playing games. We're here to learn, and learn we shall," she says harshly, in a tone that she is used to using as a Tenant. She sets her own tome down on the ground, resting up against her aching legs for a moment while she cracks the strange book open to the very first page to see what is inside, scanning the rest as well.
Namelessjake

Post by Namelessjake »

Shira
[SHOW]
As you open the book to the first page, you see a sight which is familiar to you. The first page of the book is a large illustration, depicting the scene of the Gods kneeling, you've already seen on the walls of the temple. However here the symbol is not missing, it's place is a red and black object, similar to the image on the cover.
ratwizard
A Wan Smile

Post by ratwizard »

"Ah," Shira'stasa says, a brow raising. "The symbol that was crossed out on the engravings many times... it's this one." She raises the book up to flash the image to the others for a moment before peeling through the subsequent pages, looking for anything notable.